Estimation of potasium reserves in zonal chernozemic soils of Ukraine's forest-steppe
Languages of publication
In the soil cover of the forest-steppe zone, typical chernozems, which occupy almost 50% of the total area of arable lands that are insufficiently fertilized with organics and minerals, prevail. Our task was to investigate the potassium content in these soils in order to gain insight into its reserves and availability for agricultural plants. For this purpose, soils of this type of different granulometric texture were investigated. The content of the fine-dispersed fraction of typical chernozems, total potassium in this fraction and in the soil as a whole is determined. Indicators on the genetic horizons were researched there. The content of hydromicaceous minerals as the most available potassium reserves of plants nutrition is shown. The reserves of potassium (after Gorbunov) in one meter-deep layer of investigated soils are calculated. All investigated soils have the same specificity of the reserves distribution in the horizons due to the common genesis processes and the same parent materials. The illuvium horizon of podzolized chernozem entraps a certain part of silt and potassium that is explained by the specifics of the formation of this horizon. Near reserve of chernozem soils contains less than 50% of potassium from the general reserve that suggests the potassium depletion of chernozems.
01 - 04 - 2018
-  Darunsontaya, T., Suddhiprakarn, A., Kheoruenromne, I., Prakongkep, N., Gilkes, R.J., 2012. The forms and availability to plants of soil potassium as related to mineralogy for upland Oxisols and Ultisols from Thailand. Geoderma, 170, 11–24, DOI: 10.1016/j.geoderma.2011.10.002.
-  Gorbunov, N.I, 1978. Mineralogy and physical chemistry of soils (in Russian), Moscow. An SSSR Institute of Agrochemistry and Soil Science.
-  Gospodarenko, G.M., Nikitina, O.V., Kryvda, I.Yu., 2013. The content and reserves of mobile forms of potassium in the soil after a long application of fertilizers in the fild crop rotation (in Russian). Bulletin of the Sumy National Agrarian, 11: 51–56.
-  Habib, F., Saleem Ifra, Javid, S., Ahmad, Z.A, Ehsan, S., 2014. Potassium dynamics in soil under long term regimes of organic and inorganic fertilizer application. Soil & Environment, 33(2): 110–115.
-  Kulczycki, G., Grocholski, P., Stepien, P., Michalski, A., 2015. Comparison of the variable potassium fertilization on light and heavy soils. Open Chemistry, V 13. DOI: 10.1515/chem-2015-0130.
-  Lalitha, M., Dhakshinamoort, M., 2014. Forms of soil potassium. Agri. Reviews, 35 (1): 64–68, DOI: 10.5958/j.0976-0741.35.1.008.
-  Luo, J., Jackson, M., 1985. Potassium release on drying of soil samples from a variety of weathering regimes and c clay mineralogy in China. Geoderma, 35(3): 197–208, DOI: 10.1016/0016-7061(85)90037-0.
-  Maha Mohamed El-Sayed Ali, Rasha El-meihy, 2015. Microbiological indicators of a clayey soil planted with wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) as affected by potassium fertilization and different water regimes. Research Journal of Soil Biology, 7: 72–83, DOI: 10.3923/rjsb.2015.72.83
-  Peterburgsky, A.V., Yanishevsky, F.V., 1961. Transformation of forms of potassium in soil during long-term potassium fertilization. Plant and Soil, 15(3): 199–210.
-  Pivovarova. E.G, 1988. Forms of potassium in the particle-size fractions of chernozems. Fertilizer efficiency in crop rotation systems applied in the Altai Territory (in Russian). Barnaul, 42–51.
-  Rahman, M.H., Farazi, M.M., Rahman, M.A., Mamun, M.M.A., Begum, K.A., 2014. Study on the different forms of potassium in the low Ganges River flodplain soils of Bangladesh. The Agriculturists, 12(1): 140–147, DOI: 10.3329/agric.v12i1.19869.
-  Rutkowska, A., 2013. Sensitivity of plant and soil indices in evaluating the long-term consequences of soil mining from reserves of phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 44 (1–4): 377–389, DOI: 10.1080/00103624.2013.742310
-  Serafi, M.E., Ono, F.B., Zeviani, W.M., Novelino, J.O., Silva, J.V., 2012. Umidade do solo e doses de potássio na cultura da soja. Revista Ciência Agronômica, 43(2) Fortaleza, DOI: 10.1590/s1806-66902012000200003
-  Seredyna, V.P., 2013. Reserve of potassium in soils of the West Siberian plain (in Russian). Bulletin of the Tomsk State University. Biology, 1(21): 7–21.
-  Sparks, D.L., 1980. Chemistry of soil potassium in Atlantic coastal plain soils: A review. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 5(11): 435–449, DOI: 10.1080/00103628009367051.
-  Sparks, D.L., 1986. Kinetics of ionic reactions in clay minerals and soils. Advances in Agronomy, 38: 231–266, DOI: 10.1016/s0065-2113(08)60677-x
-  Sui, N., Zhou, Z., Yu, C., Liu, R., Yang, C., Zhang, F., Song, G., Meng, Y., 2015. Comparative effects of crop residue incorporation and inorganic potassium fertilisation on apparent potassium balance and soil potassium pools under a wheat–cotton system. field Crops Research, 172, 15 February, 132–144, DOI: 10.1016/j.fcr.2014.11.011.
-  titus, A., Pereira, G., 2016. Potassium dynamics in coffee soils. EcoFriendly Coffee, DOI: 10.1016/0016-7061(85)90037-0
-  Vazhenyn, I.G. Karaseva, G.I., 1959. On the forms of potassium in soils and potassium nutrition of plants (in Russian), Pochvovedeniye, 3: 11–21.
-  Vozbutskaya, A.E., 1964. Soil chemistry (in Russian), Moscow.
-  Zamyatin, S.A., Izmestyev, V.m., 2013. The balance of potassium in the soil in fild crop rotations (in Russian). Izdatelstvo: Vladimirskiy nauchno-issledovatelskiy institut selskogo khozyaystva, 3(65): 17–18.
-  Zeng, Q., Brown, P.H., 2000. Soil potassium mobility and uptake by corn under differential soil moisture regimes. Plant and Soil, 221: 121–134, DOI: 10.1023/a:1004738414847.
Publication order reference