Activity of dehydrogenases in clay soil exposed to quaternary ammonium salts with iodine anion
Languages of publication
The aim of the research was to compare the effects of four to quaternary ammonium salts (QAS) with iodine anion: tetramethylammonium iodine [TMA][I], tetraethylammonium iodine [TEA][I], tetrapropylammonium iodine [TEA][I], tetrabutylammonium iodine [TBA][I]. The experiment was carried out on sandy clay loam samples with organic carbon content of 33.82 g·kg-1, and pH in 1 M KCl 7.13. QAS were added to soil at the dosages of: 0, 10, 100, and 1000 mg·kg-1. Activity of dehydrogenases was assayed on days: 1, 14, 35, and 70. Obtained results have shown that the soil treatment with quaternary ammonium salts with iodine anion caused decrease in activity of dehydrogenases. This inhibition increased with increase of QAS dosages, and increase with alkyl chains in cations. Analysis of variance η2 indicated, that type of QAS had the biggest impact on formation of activity of dehydrogenases in soil.
15 - 01 - 2018
-  Azimova, M., Morton, S.A. III, Frymier, P., 2009. Comparison of three bacterial toxicity assays for imidazolium-derived ionic liquids. Journal of Environmental Engineering, 135(12): 1388–1392. http://dx.doi.org/10. 1061/(ASCE)EE.1943-7870.0000092
-  Baldrian, P., 2009. Microbial enzyme-catalyzed processes in soils and their analysis. Plant Soil and Environment, 55(9): 370–378.
-  Biczak, R., Telesiński, A., Pawłowska, B., 2016. Oxidative stress in spring barley and common radish exposed to quaternary ammonium salts with hexafluorophosphate anion. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 107: 248–256. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.plaphy.2016.05.016
-  Biczak, R., Śnioszek, M., Telesiński, A., Pawłowska, B., 2017. Growth inhibition and efficiency of the antioxidant system in spring barley and common radish grown on soil polluted ionic liquids with iodide anions. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, 139: 463–471. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoenv.2017.02.016
-  Brzezińska, M., Stępniewski, W., Stępniewska, Z., Przywara, G., 2001. Effect of oxygen deficiency on soil dehydrogenase activity in a pot experiment with Triticale cv. Jago vegetation. International Agrophysics, 15: 145–149.
-  Chaer, G., Fernandes, M., Myrold, D., Bottomley, P., 2009. Comparative resistance and resilience of soil microbial communities and enzyme activities in adjacent native forest and agricultural soils. Microbial Ecology, 58: 414–424. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00248-009-9508-x
-  Gu, Y., Wag, P., Kong, C., 2009. Urease, invertase, dehydrogenase and polyphenol oxidase activities in paddy soils influenced by allelophatic rice variety. European Journal of Soil Biology, 45(4-5): 436–441. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejsobi.2009.06.003
-  Kaczyńska, G., Borowik, A., Wyszkowska, J., 2015. Soil dehydrogenases as an indicator of contamination of the environment with petroleum products. Water Air Soil Pollution, 226: 372. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11270-015-2642-9
-  Kuziemska, B., Kalembasa, S., Wysokiński, A., Jaremko, D., 2012. Assessment of impact of organic waste materials and liming on dehydrogenase activity, content of organic carbon, and pH value in soil contaminated with nickel. Polish Journal of Soil Science, 45(2): 177–184.
-  Li, N., Du, W., Huang, Z., Zhao, W., Wang, S., 2013. Effect of imidazolium ionic liquids on the hydrolytic activity of lipase. Chinese Journal of Catalysis, 34: 769–780. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1872-2067(11)60521-4
-  Liwarska-Bizukojc, E., 2011. Inﬂuence of imidazolium ionic liquids on dehydrogenase activity of activated sludge microorganisms. Water, Air and Soil Pollution, 221: 327–335. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11270-011-0793-x
-  Markiewicz, M., Jungnickel, C., Markowska, A., Szczepaniak, U., Paszkiewicz, M., Hupka, J., 2009. 1-Methyl-3-octylimidazolium chloride: sorption and primary biodegradation analysis in activated sewage sludge. Molecules 14: 4396–4405. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/molecules14114396
-  Pernak, J., Śmiglak, M., Griffin, S.T., Hough, W.L., Wilson, T.B., Pernak, A., Zabielska-Matejuk, J., Fojutowski, A., Kitad, K., Rogers, R.D., 2006. Long alkyl chain quaternary ammonium-based ionic liquids and potential applications. Green Chemistry, 8: 798–806. http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/B604353D
-  Salazar, S., Sanchez, L., Alvarez, J., Valverde, A., Galindo, P., Igual, J., Peix, A., Santa Regina, I. 2011. Correlation among soil enzyme activities under different forest system management practices. Ecological Engineering, 37: 1123–1131. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoleng.2011.02.007
-  Stręk, M., Telesiński, A., 2016. Comparison of selenite (IV) and selenate (VI) effect on some oxidoreductive enzymes in soil contaminated with spent engine oil. Plant Soil and Environment, 62(4): 157–163. http://dx.doi.org/10.17221/740/2015-PSE
-  Sun, X., Zhu, L., Wang, J., Wang, J., Su, J., Liu, T., Zhang, C., Gao, C., Shao, Y., 2017. Toxic effects of ionic liquid 1-octyl-3-methylimidazolium tetrafluoroborate on soil enzyme activity and soil microbial community diversity. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, 135: 201–208. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoenv.2016.09.026
-  Telesiński, A., Sułkowska, N., 2016. Dissipation dynamic of 1-alkyl-3-methylimidazolium ionic liquids and their effect on o-diphenol oxidase activity in soil (in Polish). Chemistry. Environment. Biotechnology, 19: 87–92. http://dx.doi.org/10.16926/cebj.2016.19.11
-  Telesiński, A., Śnioszek, M., Biczak, R., Pawłowska, B., 2016. Environmental and toxicological risk of using quaternary ammonium salts (in Polish). Kosmos, 65(4): 495–502.
-  Telesiński, A., Śnioszek, M., Biczak, R., Pawłowska, B., 2017. Response of soil phosphatases to three different ionic liquids with hexafluorophosphate anion. Journal of Ecological Engineering, 18(2): 86–91. https://doi.org/10.12911/22998993/68140
-  Thalmann, A., 1968. Zur Methodik der Bestimmung der Dehydrogenaseaktivität im Boden mittels Triphenyltetrazoliumchlorid (TTC). Landwirtschaftliche Forschung, 21: 249–258.
-  Zhang, N., He, X., Gao, Y., Li, Y., Wang, H., Ma, D., Zhang, R., Yang, S., 2010. Pedogenic carbonate and soil dehydrogenase activity in response to soil organic matter in Artemisia ordosica community. Pedosphere, 20: 229–235. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1002-0160(10)60010-0
Publication order reference