Line × tester analysis in rapeseed: Identification of superior parents and combinations for seed yield and its components
Languages of publication
This research was carried out to investigate the genetic structure of the 20 F1s rapeseed hybrids established from five female moderate maturity lines and four early maturity male testers, to determine parents showing general combining ability (GCA) and detect crosses showing specific combining ability (SCA). Significant variance of parents and crosses for all the traits indicated the existence of significant genetic variation among the parents and their F1 cross combinations. Significant variance of parents vs. crosses revealed significant average heterosis for all the traits except first pod height and seeds per pod. High narrow-sense heritability estimates for number of branches and pods length, indicate the importance of additive genetic effects for these traits. Hybrid performance was generally better than parental performance for all the traits except number of branches and also the genetic variation of lines × testers for all the traits were more than lines and testers. Most of the crosses with high mean value of pods per plant were yielded from the parental lines with high mean value of this trait. The crosses including L41×Foma2, Zafar×R42 and L22B×R38 with significant positive SCA effects of seed yield had also high mean values (3400, 3311.3 and 2904.2 kg ha-1 , respectively) of this trait.
20 - 10 - 2016
- Akbar M., Tahira B.M., Hussain M. 2008. Combining ability studies in Brassica napus L. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 10: 205–208.
- Amiri Oghan H., Fotokianb M.H., Javidfar F., Alizadeh B. 2009. Genetic analysis of grain yield, days to flowering and maturity in oilseed rape (Brassica napus L.) using diallel crosses. International Journal of Plant Production, 2: 19–26.
- Diepenbrock W. 2000.Yield analysis of winter oilseed rape Brassica napus L.): A review. Filed Crop Research, 67: 35–49.
- Habekotte B. 1997. Evaluation of seed yield determining factors of winter oilseed rape (Brassica napus L.) by means of crop growth modeling. Filed Crop Research, 54: 137–151.
- Huang Z., Laosuwan P., Machikowa T., Chen Z. 2010. Combining ability for seed yield and other characters in rapeseed. Suranaree Journal of Science and Technology, 17: 39–47.
- Inamullah H., Ahmad F., Mohammad S., Hassan G., Gul R. 2006. Evaluation of the heterotic and heterobeltiotic potential of wheat genotypes for improved yield. Pakistan Journal of Botany, 38 (4): 1159–1168.
- Mahmood T., Ali M., Iqbal S., Anwar M. 2003. Genetic variability and heritability estimates in summer mustard( Brassica juncea). Asian Journal of Plant Science, 2 (1): 77–79.
- Malik S.I., Malik H.N., Minhas N.M., Munir M. 2004. General and specific combining ability studies in maize. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 6: 856–859.
- Nassimi A.W., Raziuddin Sardar A., & Naushad A. 2006. Study on heterosis in agronomic characters of rapeseed (Brassica napus L.) using diallel. Journal of Agronomy, 5: 505–508.
- Mather K., Jinks J.L. 1982. Biometrical Genetics, 3rd edn. Chapman & Hall, London.
- Qian W., Sass O., Meng J., Li M., Frauen M., Jung C. 2007. Heterotic patterns in rapeseed (Brassica napus L.): I. Crosses between spring and Chinese semi,winter lines. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 115: 27–34.
- Rameeh V. 2010. Combining ability and factor analysis in F2 diallel crosses of rapeseed varieties. Plant Breeding and Seed Science 62: 73–83.
- Rameeh V. 2011. Heritability and other genetic parameters assessment for flowering associated stress indices in oil seed rape varieties. International Journal of Plant Breeding and Genetics, 5 (3): 268–276.
- Rameeh V., Cherati A., & Abbaszadeh F. 2012. Salinity effects on yield, yield components and nutrient ions in rapeseed genotypes. Journal of Agricultural Sciences 57 (1): 19–29.
- Rehman A.U., Ali M.A., Atta B.M., Saleem M., Abbas A., Mallahi A.R. 2009. Genetic studies of yield related traits in mungbean (Vigna radiata L. Wilczek). Australian Journal of Crop Science, 3: 352–360.
- Sabaghnia N., Dehghani H., Alizadeh B., Mohghaddam M. 2010. Diallel analysis of oil content and some agronomic traits in rapeseed (Brassica napus L.) based on the additive, dominance genetic model. Australian Journal of Crop Science, 4: 609–616.
- Singh M., Singh L., Srivastava S.B.L. 2010. Combining ability analysis in Indian mustard (Brassica juncea L. Czern & Coss). Journal of Oilseed Brassica, 1 (1): 23–27.
- Teklwold A., Becker H.C. (2005). Heterosis and combining ability in a diallel cross of Ethiopian mustard inbred lines. Crop Science, 45: 2629–2635.
- Variath M.T., Wu J.G., Li Y.X., Chen G.L., Shi, C. H. 2009. Genetic analysis for oil and protein contents of rapeseed (Brassica napus L.) at different developmental times. Euphytica, 166, 145–153.
- Wang H.Z. 2005. The potential problems and strategy for the development of biodiesel using oilseed rape. Chinese Journal of Oil Crop Science, 27:74–76.
- Wang J.S., Wang X.F., Zhang Y.F., Zhang Z., Tian J.H., & Li D.R. 2007. Study on heterosis among subspecies or varieties in B. campestris L. Proceedings of the 12th International Rapeseed Congress Wuhan, (TRCW’07), China: Science Press USA, pp. 108–110.
- Wang X., Hua W., Liu G., Liu J., Yang Q., & Wang H. (2010). Genetic analysis on oil content in rapeseed (Brassica napus L.). Euphytica, 173, 17–24.
- Y adav Y.P., Prakash R., Singh R., Singh R.K., & Yadav J.S. (2005). Genetics of yield and its component characters in Indian mustard (Brassica juncea (L.) Czern and Coss.) under rainfed conditions. Journal of Oilseed Research, 22, 255–258.
- Zhang G., & Zhu W. (2006). Genetic analyses of agronomic and seed quality traits of synthetic oilseed Brassica napus produced from interspecific hybridization of B. campetris and B. oleracesea. Journal of Genetics, 85: 45–51.
Publication order reference