Remote Access Environment for Computer Networking Laboratory: Challenges and Solutions
Languages of publication
A variety of network management systems is commercially available. However, their applicability for computer networking laboratories that are used for scientific, educational or engineering purposes (in particular, as a test environment for network-based software engineering) is limited. Also dedicated remote access systems do not offer enough flexibility. Major challenges are discussed in the paper. Most of the proposed solutions have been already implemented and tested.
04 - 10 - 2016
- Cisco Systems (2015) Cloud and Systems Management, http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/cloud-systems-management/
- Extreme Networks (2015) Extreme Networks NetSight, http://www.extremenetworks.com/product/netsight
- Hewlett-Packard Development Company (2015) Network Management, http://www8.hp.com/pl/pl/software-solutions/network-management-automated-network-management/
- Bastidas C.E.C (2011) 41st Enabling Remote Access to Computer Networking Laboratories for Distance Education. In ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, Rapid City, SD
- Ellison N.B (2004) Telework and Social Change: how technology is reshaping the boundaries between home and work, Westport, Connecticut: Praeger, p. 18, ISBN 9780313051715, OCLC 57435712
- K. Kuczyński, R. Stęgierski,W. Suszyński, M. Pellerin, Versatile Remote Access Environment for Computer Networking Laboratory. In R. Chora´s (ed.), Image Processing and Communication Challenges 6,
- Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 313, Springer Int. Publishing Switzerland 2015.
- C.E. Caicedo Bastidas, Enabling Remote Access to Computer Networking Laboratories for Distance Education, 41st ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, 2011.
Publication order reference