Thermal and spectroscopic studies of polymer protective coatings used in optical fibers technology
Languages of publication
An important factor determining the quality of optical fibers is their mechanical reliability. The control of the mechanical reliability allows define the lifetime of a fiber, which was under the stress during the work. Decisive influences on the mechanical and optical properties of the optical fibers have the protective coatings. Optical fiber technology requires that the coatings were applied on them on-line, directly after they have been drawn. So far, little attention has been paid to optimizing the conditions of coatings curing. In this work, the comparison of a thermoanalytical and spectroscopic analysis of coatings that were cured in an UV oven in which the power of the UV lamps was changed will be shown. As part of the research tasks, completed mechanical strength measurements were made with a silica fiber of 0.125 mm diameter.
10 - 09 - 2018
-  J. M. Senior, M. Y Jamro. Optical fiber communications: principles and practice. third ed. Prentice Hall, 2009.
-  P. St. J. Russell, Photonic crystal fibers Science. 299 (2003) 358–362.
-  H. Kubota H, K. Suzuki, S. Kawanishi, M. Kakazawa, M. Tanaka, M. Fujita, Low-loss, 2 km-long photonic crystal fibre with zero GVD in the near IR suitable for picosecond pulse propagation at the 800 nm band, Postdeadline paper CPD3, Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics CLEO 2001, Baltimore, MD, USA.
-  M. Monro, W. Belardi, K. Furusawa, J. C. Baggett, N. G. R. Broderick, D. J. Richardson, Sensing with microstructured optical fibres, Meas. Sci. Technol. 12 (2001) 854-858.
-  J. M. Fini, Microstructure fibres for optical sensing in gases and liquids, Meas. Sci. Technol. 15 (2004) 1120-1128.
-  O. Frazão O, T. Martynkien, J. M. Baptista, J. L. Santos, W. Urbanczyk, J. Wojcik, Optical refractometer based on a birefringent Bragg grating written in an H-shaped fiber, Opt. Lett. 34 (2009) 76-78.
-  T. Martynkien, G. Statkiewicz-Barabach, J. Olszewski, J. Wojcik, P. Mergo, T. Geernaert, C. Sonnenfeld, A. Anuszkiewicz, M. K. Szczurowski, K. Tarnowski, M. Makara, K. Skorupski, J. Klimek, K. Poturaj, W. Urbanczyk, N. Nasilowski, F. Berghmans, H. Thienpont, Highly birefringent microstructured fibers with enhanced sensitivity to hydrostatic pressure, Opt. Express. 2010, 18, 15113-15121.
-  M. Hautakorpi, M. Mattinen, H. Ludvigsen, Surface-plasmon-resonance sensor based on three-hole microstructured optical fiber, Opt. Express. 16 (2008) 8427-8432.
-  L. Rindorfii, O. Bang, Sensitivity of photonic crystal fiber grating sensors: biosensing, refractive index, strain, and temperature sensing, JOSA B. 25 (2008) 310-324.
-  A. A. Stolov, D. A. Simoff, J. Lie, Thermal Stability of Specialty Optical Fibers, J. Lightwave Technol. 26 (2008) 3443-3451.
-  M. Sato, T. Ishigure, Y. Koike, Thermally stable high-bandwidth graded-index polymer optical fiber, J. Lightwave Technol. 18 (2000) 952-958.
-  M. Asai, Y. Yamaki, S. Takahashi, Y. Koike, High-thermally stable and high-bandwidth graded index plastic optical fiber for vehicle networks, J. Polym. Sci., Part B: Polym. Phys. 49 (2011) 1464-1469.
-  C. S. B. Ruiz, L. D. B. Machado, J. A. Vanin, J. E. Volponi, Cure Degree Estimation of Photocurable Coatings by DSC and Differential Photocalorimetry, J. Therm. Anal. Calorim. 67 (2002) 335-341.
-  L. J. Chen, Q. L. Tai, L. Song, W. Y. Xing, G. X. Jie, Y. Hu, Thermal properties and flame retardancy of an ether-type UV-cured polyurethane coating, Express Polym Lett. 4 (2010) 539-550.
-  A. A. Alshuiref, H. G. Ibrahim, A. Abduallah, M. A. Edali, Thermal and Mechanical Analysis of Urethane Acrylate Graft Copolymer Part A: Urethane Macromonomer Base on TDI and EG, Int. J. Chem. 5 (2013) 58-79.
-  M. A. Matusewicz, J. Wojcik, P. Mergo, A. Walewski, Mechanical strength of photonic crystal fibres, Photonics Lett Pol. 2 (2010) 19-21.
-  M. Gil, G. Wojcik, K. Szewczak, J. Pedzisz, J. Kopec, L. Czyzewska, A. Walewski, A. Gorgol, W. Podkoscielny, P. Mergo, . Influence of X-rays on the thermal properties of poly(methyl methacrylate), Photonics Lett Pol. 6 (2014) 151-153.
Publication order reference