Adsorption Potential Theory for Description of n-Butane Adsorption on Activated Carbon
Languages of publication
Potential theory of adsorption was used for description of adsorption isotherms of n-butane on microporous active carbon. It was shown that characteristic curve of adsorption can be treated as specific form of thermal equation of adsorption giving the possibility to calculate and predict both equilibrium and thermodynamic characteristics of adsorption in wide range of temperature and relative pressure. The results can be used for the design of adsorption systems and for predicting adsorption equilibrium behavior of binary and/or multicomponent gaseous mixtures on active carbon under wide range of conditions, without time consuming and expensive experimental determination.
03 - 04 - 2017
-  H. Marsch and F. Rodrigues - Reinosso, Activated Carbon, Elsevier Science & Technology Books, UK, 2006.
-  M. L. Terranova, S. Orlanducci and M. Rossi (Eds), Carbon Nanomaterials for Gas Adsorption, Taylor & Francis Group, 2012.
-  T. Bandosz (Ed.), Activated Carbon Surfaces in Environmental Remediation, Elsevier Ltd., UK, 2006.
-  T. E. Rufford, D. Hulicova - Jurcakova and J. ZhuGreen, Carbon Materials - Advances and Applications, Taylor & Francis Group, 2013.
-  T. D. Burchell (Ed.), Carbon Materials for Advanced Technologies, Elsevier Ltd., UK, 1999.
-  F. Cecen and O. Aktas, Activated Carbon for Water and Wastewater Treatment, WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Germany, 2012.
-  Z. K. Chowdhury, R. S. Summers, G. P. Westerhoff, B. J. Leto, K. O. Nowack and C. J. Corwin, Activated Carbon: Solutions for Improving Water Quality, American Water Works Association, USA, 2013.
-  Ruzhu Wang, Liwei Wang and Jingyi Wu, Adsorption refrigeration technology: theory and application, John Wiley & Sons Singapore Pte. Ltd., 2014.
-  F. Béguin and E. Frąckowiak (Eds.), Carbons for Electrochemical Energy Storage and Conversion Systems, Taylor and Francis Group, USA, 2010.
-  D. D. Do, Adsorption Analysis: Equilibria and Kinetics, Imperial College Press, UK, 1998.
-  G. O. Wood, Carbon, 39, 343, (2001).
-  M. M. Dubinin, Progress in Surface and Membrane Science, Academic Press, New York, 9, 1, (1975).
-  M. M. Dubinin, Carbon, 27, 457, (1989).
-  S. Sircar and R. Mohr, C. Ristic, and M. B. Rao, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 103, 6539, (1999).
-  D. Ramirez., S. Qi, M. J. Rood and K. J. Hay, Environmental Science and Technology, 39, 5864, (2005).
Publication order reference