PL EN


Preferences help
enabled [disable] Abstract
Number of results
2000 | 41 | 2 | 123-131
Article title

Cryptic rearrangements of chromosome 12 in testicular germ cell tumors with or without the specific i(12p) marker

Title variants
Languages of publication
EN
Abstracts
EN
Isochromosome of the short arm of chromosome 12 [i(12p)] is a highly specific chromosome abnormality of human testicular germ-cell tumors (TGCTs). It has been detected in 80% of cases. Other abnormalities that involved 12p-derived material have been observed in the remaining 20% of cases. In our study, cryptic rearrangements of the short arm of chromosome 12 were distinguished by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) in eight cytogenetically abnormal TGCTs. This group included multiplicated material of 12p-arm in both i(12p)-positive and i(12p)-negative tumors. Such a common occurrence of chromosome 12 short arm rearrangements and overrepresentation of 12p-material confirms that yet unidentified gene(s) on 12p can play an important role in oncogenesis of TGCTs.
Discipline
Publisher

Year
Volume
41
Issue
2
Pages
123-131
Physical description
Contributors
References
Document Type
article
Publication order reference
B. Grygalewicz, Cytogenetic Laboratory, The Maria Sklodowska-Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology, ul. K.W. Roentgen 5, 02-781 Warsaw, Poland
Identifiers
YADDA identifier
bwmeta1.element.element-from-psjc-6544985b-5d63-36ed-80b8-5e749aac1e37
JavaScript is turned off in your web browser. Turn it on to take full advantage of this site, then refresh the page.