PL EN


Preferences help
enabled [disable] Abstract
Number of results
2004 | 45 | 3 | 307-314
Article title

Differences in the inheritance stability of kanamycin resistance between transgenic cucumbers (Cucumis sativus L.) containing two constructs

Title variants
Languages of publication
EN
Abstracts
EN
A phenotypic segregation of kanamycin resistance conferred by nosnptII was investigated in two groups of transgenic cucumber lines one containing the PR-2duidA-nosnptII construct and the other with the thaumatinII-nosnptII construct to the third and fifth generation, respectively. Expression of the nptII gene was more stable and predictable in the progeny of the PR-2d lines than that of thaumatin lines. In T2 and T3 generations representing seven PR-2d primary transformants, 78% of the hemizygous progenies exhibited a segregation ratio consistent with Mendelian inheritance; non-Mendelian ratio occurred in the remaining 22%. Mendelian segregation was observed in 46% of the hemizygous progenies derived from 11 thaumatin primary transformants. The segregation ratio for two and three independent loci appeared in single PR-2d and thaumatin lines, respectively.
Keywords
Discipline
Publisher

Year
Volume
45
Issue
3
Pages
307-314
Physical description
Contributors
author
author
author
author
References
Document Type
ARTICLE
Publication order reference
S. Malepszy, Department of Plant Genetics, Breeding and Biotechnology, Faculty of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Warsaw Agricultural University, Nowoursynowska 166, 02-787 Warszawa, Poland
Identifiers
YADDA identifier
bwmeta1.element.element-from-psjc-55084df7-6a20-3177-a41c-1c944d55db95
JavaScript is turned off in your web browser. Turn it on to take full advantage of this site, then refresh the page.