PL EN


Preferences help
enabled [disable] Abstract
Number of results
2021 | 75(2) | 9-14
Article title

Juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma—20 years of experience in endoscopic treatment

Content
Title variants
Languages of publication
Abstracts
EN
Introduction: Juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma is a rare, benign tumor; however, it shows local aggression and leads to profuse nosebleeds.
Aim: The aim of the study is to present 20 years of experience in endoscopic treatment of this tumor.
Material and methods: The material covers 71 patients treated in the years 1985–2019 at the Department of Otolaryngology and Laryngological Oncology in Poznań. In these patients, either the classic external approach, or the double approach – external with the use of endoscopes, or only the endoscopic approach was used. In the entire population, external surgeries were performed in 37 patients, double access in 8 and endoscopic access in 26 patients.
Results: Complete resection of the tumor was achieved in 51 patients (72%). The remaining 20 patients (28%) had a residual or recurrent tumor and all of these patients underwent reoperation.
Conclusions: The endoscopic approach with the use of various optics and navigation allows for the removal of not only small tumors but also much more advanced ones. Pre-operative evaluation of imaging results is extremely important to avoid incomplete tumor removal. Individual development of an operating strategy, a wide range of optics and various surgical methods, and especially endoscopic ones, are the guarantee of therapeutic success.
Year
Volume
Pages
9-14
Physical description
Dates
published
2020-11-16
References
Document Type
Publication order reference
Identifiers
YADDA identifier
bwmeta1.element.ceon.element-2f3af3f5-e925-357c-a7ca-2b214110d1d6
JavaScript is turned off in your web browser. Turn it on to take full advantage of this site, then refresh the page.