The current state of bioeconomy in Poland
Languages of publication
Conversion of scientific achievements to market a product is a key issue and the best description of significance of science for society. In the case of experts in the natural sciences in Poland, we observe a high intellectual potential of researchers and several scientific discoveries. However, Polish inventions are very rarely available on the market and the number of national and international patent applications done by Polish scientists is very limited. For the development of bioeconomy, the progress in biotechnology is critical.
- Act of 15 January 2015 on genetically modified organisms and some other acts. Dz.U. 2015 poz. 277
- Adamowicz M (2014) European concept of bioeconomy and its bearing on practical use. Economic and Regional Studies, vol. 7, no. 4.
- Bielecki S. Bioeconomy in Poland-open opportunities. ERRIN/ERIAFF Joint Inititive - Brussells, March 19-20, 2015
- Central Statistical Office of Poland. http://stat.gov.pl (retrieved: 09 Mar. 2016)
- European Academies Science Advisory Council (2013) EASAC policy report 21: Planting the future: opportunities and challenges for using crop genetic improvement technologies for sustainable agriculture.
- European Biogas Association, Report (2014). http://european-biogas.eu/2014/12/16/4331/ (retrieved: 09 Mar. 2016)
- European Commission (2008) Regional Biotechnology: Establishing performance indicators for bioclusters and bioregions relevant to the KBBE area.
- European Feed Manufacturers'Federation FEFAC. http://www.fefac.eu/home.aspx (retrieved: 07 Mar. 2016)
- European Patent Office. http://www.epo.org/about-us/annual-reports-statistics/statistics.html#national (retrieved: 20 Mar. 2016)
- European Regulatory Office. http://www.ure.gov.pl/ (retrieved: 05 Mar. 2016)
- Eurostat. http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/main/home (retrieved: 08 Mar. 2016)
- Gołębiewski J, (2015) Bioeconomy in Poland: Condition and potential for development of the biomass market. Materials from 150th Seminar - European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- HFFA Research Paper 03/2016, The economic, social and environmental value of plant breeding in the European Union.
- Małyska A, Twardowski T (2011) Opinia publiczna o biotechnologii w Polsce i innych krajach Unii Europejskiej. Nauka 1: 85-99 (in Polish).
- Małyska A, Filipiak M, Twardowski T (2013) Opinia ekspertów o agrobiotechnologii. Nauka 1: 149-160 (in Polish).
- Polacy wobec GMO, TNS PENTOR (2012) (in Polish)
- Polish government's Framework Position Paper on GMO,. http://gis.gov.pl/images/bz/gmo/gmo_7.pdf (retrieved: 15 Mar 2016)
- Polish Information and Foreign Investment Agency (PAIiIZ). http://www.paiz.gov.pl/pl [retrieved: 09 Mar. 2016]
- Polish Patent Office. http://www.uprp.pl/ (retrieved: 20 Mar. 2016)
- Position paper concerning biotechnology legislation in Poland, Committee of Biotechnology, Science 1/2015: 183-185.
- ProLegu Project www.prolegumes.eu (retrieved: 20 Mar. 2016)
- The Grain and Feed Chamber. http://www.izbozpasz.pl/home.html (retrieved: 10 Mar. 2016)
- The Committee of Biotechnology. http://www.kbiotech.pan.pl/ (retrieved: 20 Mar. 2016)
Publication order reference