Frequencies of HLA-DQ2 and HLA-DQ8 haplotypes in Czech and Slovak coeliac patients and the healthy population
Languages of publication
Coeliac disease is an autoimmune disorder with genetic predisposition. The aim was to determine the frequency of HLA-DQ2 and HLA-DQ8 in Czech and Slovak patients and the healthy population. The study included 127 patients and 66 healthy volunteers. HLA-DQ2 was identified in 85.03% patients, and 24.24% healthy individuals (P=0.0001; OR17.7632; CI=8.4347-37.4088). HLA-DQ8 was identified in 11.81% patients and 15.5% healthy individuals. HLA-DQ8 occurred more often in HLA-DQ2-negative patients compared to HLA-DQ2-positive patients (P=0.0494; OR3.5; CI 1.0428-11.7468). At least one of the studied HLA-variants was found more often in patients than in healthy individuals (P=0.0001; OR58.8; CI 7.6856-449.8602).
- Hill ID, Dirks MH, Liptak GS, Colletti RB, Fasano A, Guandalini S, Hoffenberg EJ, Horvath K, Murray JA, Pivor M, Seidman EG (2005) Guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of celiac disease in children: recommendations of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 40: 1-19.
- Husby S, Koletzko S, Korponay-Szabó IR, Mearin ML, Phillips A, Shamir R, Troncone R, Giersiepen K, Branski D, Catassi C, Lelgeman M, Mäki M, Ribes-Koninckx C, Ventura A, Zimmer KP (2012) European Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition guidelines for the diagnosis of coeliac disease. J Pediatric Gastroenterol Nutr 54: 136-160.
- Karell K, Louka AS, Moodie SJ, Ascher H, Clot F, Greco L, Ciclitira PJ, Sollid LM, Partanen J (2003) HLA types in celiac disease patients not carrying the DQA1*05-DQB1*02 (DQ2) heterodimer: results from the European Genetics Cluster on Celiac Disease. Hum Immunol 64: 469-477.
- Margaritte-Jeannin P, Babron MC, Bourgey M, Louka AS, Clot F, Percopo S, Coto I, Hugot JP, Ascher H, Sollid LM, Greco L, Clerget-Darpoux F (2004) HLA-DQ relative risks for coeliac disease in European populations: a study of the European Genetics Cluster on Coeliac Disease. Tissue Antigens 63: 562-567.
- Megiorni F, Mora B, Bonamico M, Barbato M, Montuori M, Viola F, Trabace S, Mazzilli MC (2008) HLA-DQ and susceptibility to celiac disease: evidence for gender differences and parent-of-origin effects. Am J Gastroenterol 103: 997-1003.
- Megiorni F, Mora B, Bonamico M, Barbato M, Nenna R, Maiella G, Lulli P, Mazzilli MC (2009) HLA-DQ and risk gradient for celiac disease. Human Immunology 70: 55-59.
- NICE clinical guideline 86 (2009) Coeliac Disease-Recognition and Assessment of Coeliac disease. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. 4-86.
- Piccini B, Vascotto M, Serracca L, Luddi A, Margollicci MA, Balestri P, Vindigni C, Bassotti G, Villanacci V (2012) HLA-DQ typing in the diagnostic algorithm of celiac disease. Rev Esp Enferm Dig 104: 248-254.
- Polvi A, Arranz E, Fernandez-Arquero M, Collin P, Mäki M, Sanz A, Calvo C, Maluenda C, Westman P, de la Concha EG, Partanen J (1998) HLA-DQ2-negative celiac disease in Finland and Spain. Hum Immunol 59: 169-175.
Publication order reference