Identification of a novel protein encoded by third conserved gene within RAG locus
Languages of publication
Recently, a third evolutionarily conserved gene, NWC, was discovered within the recombination activating gene (RAG) locus, known to contain the RAG1 and RAG2 genes. Here, we identify and characterize the murine endogenous NWC protein which has no homology to any known protein and is ubiquitously expressed. In the cell, the NWC protein which has been suggested to function as a transcriptional repressor, is found in the cytoplasm as well as in the nucleus.
- Cebrat M, Miazek A, Kisielow P (2005) Identification of a third evolutionarily conserved gene within the RAG locus and its RAG1-dependent and -independent regulation. Eur J Immunol 35: 2230-2238.
- Cebrat M, Cebula A, Laszkiewicz A, Kasztura M, Miazek A, Kisielow P (2008) Mechanism of lymphocyte-specific inactivation of RAG-2 intragenic promoter of NWC: implications for epigenetic control of RAG locus. Mol Immunol 45: 2297-2306.
- Hong M, Li W, Wang L, Jiang L, Liu L, Zhao H, Li Q (2008) Identification of a novel transcriptional repressor (HEPIS) that interacts with nsp-10 of SARS coronavirus. Viral Immunol 21: 153-161.
- Kapranov P, Cheng J, Dike S, Nix DA, Duttagupta R, Willingham AT, Stadler PF, Hertel J, Hackermuller J, Hofacker IL, Bell I, Cheung E, Drenkow J, Dumais E, Patel S, Helt G, Ganesh M, Ghosh S, Piccolboni A, Sementchenko V, Tammana H, Gingeras TR (2007) RNA maps reveal new RNA classes and a possible function for pervasive transcription. Science 316: 1484-1488.
- Kisielow P, Miazek A, Cebrat M (2008) NWC, a new gene within RAG locus: could it keep GOD under control? Int J Immunogenet 35: 395-399.
- Kohler G, Milstein G (1975) Continuous cultures of fused cells secreting antibody of predefined specificity. Nature 256: 495-497.
- Ladomery M (1997) Multifunctional proteins suggest connection between transcriptional and post-transcriptional processes. Bioessays 19: 903-909.
- Schatz DG, Baltimore D (2004) Uncovering the V(D)J recombinase. Cell 116: S103-S106.
- Thompson CB (1995) New insights into V(D)J recombination and its role in the evolution of the immune system. Immunity 3: 531-539.
- Visa N, Alzhanova-Ericsson AT, Sun X, Kiseleva E, Bjorkroth B, Wurtz T, Daneholt B (1996) A pre-mRNA-binding protein accompanies the RNA from the gene through the nucleoral pores and into polysomes. Cell 84: 253-264.
- Wisniewski P, Master A, Kaminska B (2008) Cloning and purification of functionally active Fas ligand interfering protein (FIP) expressed in Escherichia coli. Acta Biochim Polon 55: 51-56.
- Zhang W, Sloan-Lancaster J, Kitchen J, Trible RP, Samelson LE (1998) LAT: the ZAP-70 tyrosine kinase substrate that links T cell receptor to cellular activation. Cell 92: 83-92.
Publication order reference