Physical Culture in the Tradition and Rites of the Tatar Population Inhabiting Polish Territory
Languages of publication
This report presents the findings of a qualitative study on the physical culture of the Tatar community inhabiting Polish territory. Historical elements of the physical culture of the Tatar community have been presented against the background of general characteristics of this ethnic group and the history of the presence of Tatars on Polish soil. The article shows particular aspects of the Tatar tradition of physical culture and its place in Tatar national culture. This is the first known report on the physical culture of this ethnic group on the ground of ethnology or cultural anthropology.
1 - 11 - 2012
29 - 01 - 2013
- Demel, M. (1973). Critical sketches about physical culture. Warsaw: SiT. [in Polish]
- Lipoñski, W. (2004). Rochwist and Palant. Study old polish sport etnology and on background of european tradition motor games. Poznan: Akademia Wychowania Fizycznego. [in Polish]
- Malinowski, B. (2000). Unit, community, culture. Warsaw: PWN. [in Polish]
- Tyszkiewicz, J. (2002). Tatars in Poland and Europe. Fragment of history. Pultusk: Akademia Humanistyczna. [in Polish]
- Gorka, O. (1935). Orientation notes about polish steak Tatars and foreign. Rocznik Tatarski, vol. II, 1935, 145-199. [in Polish]
- Kolodziejczyk, A. (1990). Tatars of regions in 17th-20 th century on bialskopodlaskie. In T. Wasilewski & T. Krawczak (Eds.), From unknown past Biala and Podlasie. [in Polish]
- Sobczak, J. (1984). Site of legal Tatar population in great lithuanian principality. Warsaw-Poznan: PWN. [in Polish]
- Tyszkiewicz, J. (1989). Tatars on Lithuania and in Poland. Studies from history 13th-18 th century. Warsaw: PWN. [in Polish]
- Sobczak, J. (1987). Tatars in service of Polish Republic in second half of 17th and 18th century. Study historicallylegal. Czasopismo Prawno-Historyczne, vol. XXXIX, 41-69. [in Polish]
- Burszta, W. J. (1998). Anthropology of culture. Themes, theories, interpretations. Poznan: Zysk i s-ka. [in Polish]
- Chaliburda, I. & Ciesliñski I. (2010). Place and role of traditional form of physical activity in functioning local community and in system of education. In I. Ciesliñski, R. Ciesliñski & I. Chaliburda (Eds.), Traditional forms of activities of physical populations of eastern borderlands Polish. Biala Podlaska: Akademia Wychowania Fizycznego. [in Polish]
- Borawski, P. & Dubiñski A. (1986). Polish Tatars. History, ceremonies, legends, traditions. Warsaw: Iskry. [in Polish]
- Kaluzyñski, S. (1983). Old Mongolians. Warsaw: PIW. [in Polish]
- Welcome to brainking (on line), in World Wide Web: http://www.brainking.com/en/WaitingGames?bms=250 (access 18.08.2011).
- Kamocki, J., Miskiewicz A. (2004). Tatars slavs pardoned. Cracow: Universitas. [in Polish]
- Cordell, K., Dybczyñski A. (2005). Poland's Indigenous Ethnic Minorities and The Census of 2002. Perspectives on European Politics and Society, 85-87.
Publication order reference