Special Fitness Level and Sports Achievements of 15-16-Year-Old Pole Vaulters
Languages of publication
Introduction. Control of specific performance indicators makes it possible to obtain the necessary information for determining dominant characteristics to program sports training taking into account the stage of advancement of sports and athletic performance prediction. Therefore, the aim of the study was to determine the most relevant specific performance indicators in athletes aged 15-16 years practicing the pole vault. Material and methods. The study involved 10 athletes at the first stage at the age of 15 and at the second at the age of 16 practicing pole vault, in the following clubs S.L. WKS, "Zawisza" Bydgoszcz, "Gwardia" Piła, "Śląsk" Wrocław. The study was conducted under training conditions and athletic competition in 2008-2009. The study utilized the method of pedagogical observation and case study. The research tools used involved evaluation of physical fitness and athletic fitness and sporting achievements, conducted during the competition period. To analyze the research results basic statistical methods were used. Conclusions. Special fitness growth dynamics indicators were determined, and analysis of the correlation of these indicators with the sporting achievement was performed. The highest correlation with the pole vault of 0.92 was recorded in an attempt to "fly" over the bar with rollover backwards while doing a handstand. A similar correlation of results was also shown by the special fitness analysis of three competitors with the best results in pole vault. However, in trials of running speed and muscle strength, each of the tested pole vaulters was characterized by an individual development profile.
1 - 3 - 2012
14 - 6 - 2012
- Sozański, H., Siewierski M. & Adamczyk J. (2010). Individualization of training, specifics of individual training. Rocznik Naukowy AWFiS Gdańsk 20, 5-23. [in Polish]
- Kochanowicz, K. (2006). Fundamentals of Sports Process Control Training in Gymnastics. Gdańsk: AWFiS Gdańsk. [in Polish]
- Burke, L. (2007). Practical Sports Nutrition. Champaign: Human Kinetics.
- Kurtz, T. (1991). How to Plan and Control Training for Peak Performance. Island Pond: Stadion.
- Hirtz, P. (1994). Coordinative Functions. Training Study. Berlin: Sportverlag. [in German]
- Starosta, W. (2003). Motoric Coordination Skills. Warszawa: MSMP, Instytut Sportu. [in Polish]
- Płatonow, W. N. (1997). General Theory of Athletes Preparation in Olympic Sport. Kijew: Olimpijskaja Literatura. [in Russian]
- Raczek, J., Mynarski W. & Ljach W. (2003). Development and diagnosis of coordination motoric skills. Katowice: Wydawnictwo AWF Katowice. [in Polish]
- Sawczyn, S., Kochanowicz K., Kruczkowski D. & Dancewicz T. (1997). Prognostic features in the construction of a somatic selection for gymnastics. Trening 3, 19-24. [in Polish]
- Sozański, H. (2002). Control as a factor in targeting and customization of training. Rocznik Naukowy AWF Gdańsk 11, 21-45. [in Polish]
- Ważny, Z. (1997). Directions and methods of research to improve management of sport training process. Wychowanie Fizyczne i Sport 1-2, 185-206. [in Polish]
- Ważny, Z. (1999). Methodological problems of accuracy assessment of training loads for sporting achievement. Sport Wyczynowy 7-8, 9-19. [in Polish]
- Czerwiński, J. (1996). The dependence on the range of sports as a result of the measures of training. Trening 2, 123-131. [in Polish]
- Sawczyn, S. (2000). Training Load in Sports Gymnastics over Long Periods of Preparation. Gdańsk: AWF Gdańsk. [in Polish]
- Zaporożanow, W. (1988). Control in Sports Training. Kijów: Zdarowije. [in Russian]
- Klimczyk, M. (2009). Special fitness and a sport result in 19-year-old pole vault jumpers. Medical and Biological Sciences 23(3), 61-67.
- Bułgakowa, N.Ż. (1986). Recruitment and Preparation of Young Swimmers. Moskwa: Fis. [in Russian]
- Morawski, J. M. (2000). Selected issues of methodology in sports training control. In The International Scientific-methodical Conference Program - "Training at the turn of the century" Spała 27-29 November, 2000. Warszawa: AWF Warszawa. [in Polish]
- Klimczyk, M. (2008). Managing and Monitoring of Sport Training of Pole Vaulters at Preparatory and Introductory Stages. Bydgoszcz: Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Kazimierza Wielkiego. [in Polish]
Publication order reference