The effect of ozone feeding mode on the effectiveness of NO oxidation
Languages of publication
The influence of ozone injection mode on the effectiveness of nitrogen monoxide oxidation to nitrogen dioxide by ozone in a flow reactor was investigated experimentally in laboratory apparatus. Nitrogen monoxide was diluted to the mole fraction 100 ppm in air which served as the carrier gas flowing through the tube of the diameter D = 60 mm into which ozone was injected. The effects of a number of ozone injecting nozzles and their configuration on the effectiveness of NO oxidation were examined. In the closest vicinity from the injection site the counter-current injection mode appeared to be superior to the co-current injection mode, but in areas located further from the injection site both injection systems were almost equally effective.
1 - 9 - 2011
5 - 10 - 2011
- Carlin N.T., Annamalai K., Harman W.L., Sweeten J.M., 2009. The economics of reburning with cattle manurebased biomass in existing coal-fired power plants for NOx and CO2 emissions control, Biomass Bioenergy. 33, 1139-1157. DOI: 10.1016/j.biombioe.2009.04.007.[Crossref][WoS]
- Directive2010/75/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council, 2010.
- Directive2001/80/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council, 2001.
- Błasiak W., 2008. Fuel switch from fossil to 100% biomass on tangential fired PC boiler. POWER-GEN Europe. Milan, Italy, 3-5 June 2008.
- Ellison W., 2003. Chemical process design alternatives to gain simultaneous NOx removal in scrubbers, POWERGEN International. Las Vegas, USA, 9-11 December 2003.
- Frank-Kameneckij D.A., 1987. Diffusion and heat transfer in chemical kinetics (in Russian), Nauka, Moskva.
- Jakubiak M., Kordylewski W., 2010. Effectiveness of NOx removal from gas via peroxidation of NO with ozone and absorption in alkaline solutions. Chem. Process Eng., 31, 699-709.
- Kordylewski W., Zacharczuk W., Hardy T., Kaczmarczyk J., 2005. The effect of the calcium in lignite on its effectiveness as a return fuel. Fuel, 84, 1110-1115. DOI: 10.1016/j.fuel.2004.10.014.[Crossref]
- Maly P. M., Zamansky V. M., Ho L., Payne R., 1999. Alternative fuel reburning. Fuel, 78, 327-334. DOI: 10.1016/S0016-2361(98)00161-6.[Crossref]
- Nelo S.K., Leskela K.M., Sohlo J.J.K., 1997. Simultaneous oxidation of nitrogen oxides and sulfur dioxide with ozone and hydrogen peroxide. Chem. Eng. Technol., 20, 40-42. DOI: 10.1002/ceat.270200108.[Crossref]
- NIST, 2010. Chemical Kinetics Database, User's Guide (Internet).
- Ozonek J., 2003. Analysis of ozone production processes for environmental protection (in Polish), PAN, Lublin.
- Prather M.J., Logan J.A., 1994. Combustion's impact on the global atmosphere. 25th Symposium. (International) on Combustion. Pittsburgh, USA, 31 July - 5 August 1994, 1513-1527.
- Puri I. K., 1995. Removal of NO by Low-Temperature O3 Oxidation. Combust. Flame, 102, 512-518. DOI: 10.1016/0010-2180(95)00042-5.[Crossref]
- Schimmoller B. K., 2003. Lack of environmental certainty renews emphasis on low-cost emissions control. Power Eng., Sept. 1, 32-38.
- Van der Kooij J. et al., 1997. Selective catalytic reduction (SCR), long-term experience and test procedures. Thermal Generation Study Committee, 20.03 THERNOX, Paris, UNIPEDE, 1997.
- Vosteen B. W., Kanefke R., Köser H., 2006. Bromine-enhanced Mercury Abatement from Combustion Flue Gases - Recent Industrial Applications and Laboratory Research. VGB Power Tech, 3, 70-75.
- Wang Z., Zhou J., Fan J., Cen K., 2006. Direct numerical simulation of ozone injection technology for NOx control in flue gas. Energy Fuels, 20, 2432-2438. DOI: 10.1021/ef0603176.[Crossref]
- Wang Z., Zhou J., Zhu Y., Wen Z., Liu J., Cen K., 2007. Simultaneous removal of NOx, SO2 and Hg in nitrogen flow in a narrow reactor by ozone injection: Experimental results. Fuel Process. Technol., 88, 817-823. DOI: 10.1016/j.fuproc.2007.04.001.[Crossref][WoS]
- Werle S., Wilk R.K., 2011. Reburning potential of gas from the sewage sludge gasification process. Arch. Combust., 31, 55-62.
Publication order reference