The Relationship of Management Style and Job Satisfaction among PE Teachers
Languages of publication
The present study was conducted with the purpose of determining the relationship between management style of physical education responsibilities with job satisfaction of sport teachers and determination of the relationship between transformational and transactional leadership of physical education authorities with job satisfaction of sport instructors.After recognition of relationships between management style and leadership with job satisfaction, a step is taken towards recognition of effective factors for improvement of organization; therefore, such research is considered as optimized and appropriate solutions for recognition of the management and organization's problems and difficulties, for presenting guidance.This study is based on the opinions of 181 male and female physical education teachers from five districts of the education and instruction department of Esfahan, in which the type of management style of physical education authorities of all five districts of education and instruction of Esfahan and job-satisfaction of the teacher were evaluated through two questionnaires, the confidentiality of which was computed via Cronbach's alpha-coefficient.Results of the study showed that the relationship between management style and leadership of physical education authorities and sport teachers' job-satisfaction with P<0.01 level has been positive and significant. Also, the relationship between transformational and transactional management style of physical education authorities and job-satisfaction of teachers with p<0.01 level has been positive and significant too. Amongst other results of this study with regard to e.g. sex, age, marital status, field of education, educational degree, and previous work-record of P.E teachers and their job-satisfaction, the relationship for those with p<0.01 level has not been significant.
1 - 6 - 2010
21 - 7 - 2010
- Aslankhani, M. (1996). Descriptive of Management Styles and Organizational Behavioral and the Relationship of Job Satisfaction.
- Allagheband, A. (1993). Foundamental of theories and Priciples of Educational Management. Tehran, Iran: Besat Pub.
- Allagheband, A. (1996). General Management. First Edition. Tehran: Ravan Publisher, p. 4-100.
- Allagheband, A. (1999). Introduction of Educational Management. Tehran, Iran: Rose Publisher.
- Bahrolulum, H. (1999). The Relationship between Cultural Organisation and Management Style with Job Satisfaction Among Physical Education Staff. Ph.D. Thesis in Tarbiat Moalem University, Tehran, Iran.
- Bazargan, A., Sarmad, Z. & Hejazi, E. (1997). Research Methodology in Behaviar Sciences. Sepehr Publication.
- Buckley, J., Schnieder, M., Shang, Y. (2004). The Effects of School Facility Quality on Teacher Retention in Urban School Districts.
- Buena, C.M., Tubbs, S.L. (2003). Indentifying Global Leadership Competencies: An Exploratory Study.
- Chen Kuo, C. (2004). Research on Impacts of Team Leadership on Team Effectiveness.
- Chen, L.Y. (2004). Examining the Effect of Organization Culture and Leadership Behavior on. Organizaional Commitment, Job Satisfaction, and Job Performance at Small and Middle sized Firms of Taiwan.
- Christella, D., Rakes, G. (2005). Principle's influence on technology integration. Journal of Research on Technology in Education. Eugene: Fall 2003, vol. 36.
- Delavar, A. (1996). Introduction of Statistical for Applied Pyschological and Educational Sciences. Tehran, Iran: Roshd Publisher.
- Delavar, A. (1997). Principles of Theory and Practice in The Research of Human and Social Sciences. Second Edition. Tehran, Iran: Roshd Publisher.
- Dorthy, J.A., Danylchuck, K.E. (1996). Transactional and Transformational Leadership in Interuniversity Athletics Management. Journal of Sport Management, Human Kinetic Publication.
- Ehsani, M., Ameri, S.H., Koozechian, H., & Azar, A. (2002). The Relationship between Leadership Styles, Creativity and Effectiveness of Sport Managers in Universities of MSRT. Journal of Haraket, Faculty of P.E. Tehran University, vol. 13, p. 123-141.
- Heiks, H., & Gullet, C. (1990). Management of Organisational Behavior (Human Resources Based). Translated by Kabiri. Tehran, Iran: G. Majed Pub.
- Herrea, R. & Lim, J.Y. (2005). Job satisfaction among athletics trainers in NCAA. Division Iaa Institutions. The Sport Journal, vol. 6, no 1, Winter 2003.
- Medley, B., & Dianer, L. (1999). Leadership skills. Nursing Management and Nurse Practitioner Journal, Spring, House Publisher 99
- Motahari, M. (1993). Collective of Motahari's Publications. Tehran, Iran: Sadra Publisher.
- Nicheel, T. R. (1994). People in Organisations (Behavior Based). Translated by Shekarshekan, H. Tehran, Iran: Roshd Pub.
- Pardakhtchi, H. (1998). Journal of management in Education. Fifth perioud. Tehran, Office of Productivity of Management, 18-19, p 75.
- Rezaian, A. (1990). Priciples of Business Management. Tehran, Iran: Samt Pub.
- Robbins, S. (1991). Organisational behaviour. Concept controversises and applications. Sandiego: INC.
- Robbins, S. (1995). Behavioural Organisation Management. Translated by Arabi, M & Parsian, A. Tehran, Iran: Business Studies and Research Center.
- Robbins, S. (1997). Priciples of Organisational Behaviour. Translated by Parsian, A. & Arabi, M. Tehran, Iran: Cultural and Research: Center, Meraj Pub.
- Robbins, S. (1998). Organisational Behaviour. Concept controversises and applications. Translated by Parsian, A. & Arabi, M. Tehran, Iran Cultural and Research Center.
- Rosenbach, W.E., Sashkin, M. & Hufburge, F. (1996). The leadership profile on beginning a better leadership. USA: Duncochon Press, p. 4-5.
- Sashkin, M. (1996). The Visionary Leader: Leader Behavior questionnaire (Pack of Five). Human Resource Development Pr.
- Sashkin, M., Sashkin, M. (2003). Leadership That Matters: The Critical Factors for Making a Difference in People's Lives and Organizations' Success. Berrett Koehler Publishers.
- Stoner, J. (1983). Management. 2 Edition. New Delhi: Prentice-Hall, p. 8.
- Stoner, J. & Freeman, E. (1996). Management. Translated by Arabi, M & Parsian, A. Tehran, Iran: Business Studies and Research Center.
- Wallace, M., Weese, W.J. (1995). Leadership, Organizational Culture and Job Satisfaction in Canadian YMCA Organizations. Journal of Sport Management, 9 (2), p, 182-193.
Publication order reference