University Sports: Major Development and New Perspectives
Languages of publication
New technologies, scientific findings and new or refined kinds of sport as well as national and international contests determine the image of university sports. There is no doubt that university sports are a growing area and will play an important role in the future. Their significance will increase in particular with the increase of knowledge about the positive effects of sports.Looking at social development as a whole and in its parts makes it possible to identify university sports in their present state, their dynamics and development within a context. By way of example major trends and prospects of university sports in contemporary societies will be discussed. In addition some data from empirical studies will be presented in order to underline the argumentation.
1 - 6 - 2010
21 - 7 - 2010
- Bundesministerium für Wissenschaft und Forschung (2009). Sportmagazin. Unisport-Special. Wien: Sportverlag
- Canadian Interuniversity Sport (N.N.). Programs and Services. Retrieved June, 1st, 2010, from
- EUSA (2009, September.). European University Sports Newsletter 3/2009. Retrieved June, 1st, 2010, from
- FISU (N.N.). Fisu History. Retrieved June, 1st, 2010, from
- FISU (N.N.). Fisu Today. Retrieved June, 1st, 2010, from
- University Sport New Zealand (N.N.). About USNZ. Retrieved June, 1st, 2010, from
- University Sport South Africa (N.N.). About us. Overview. Retrieved June, 1st, 2010, from
- Weiss, O. (1999). Einführung in die Sportsoziologie. Stuttgart/Wien: UTB und WUV-Universitätsverlag.
Publication order reference