Muscle Strength and Technical Skills in 17-19-Year-Old Judoists
Languages of publication
Background: The aim of this study was to define the relationships between different kinds of muscle strength manifestations and technical skills (selected throwing techniques) in 17-19-year-old judoists.Material/Methods: Results of measurements taken in 2006-2008 at the Physical Effort Lab in the Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport were taken under consideration. 30 male judo athletes (17-19-year-old) participated in the study. They all were students of Comprehensive Sports School - with the judo profile and athletes representing clubs from Pomerania and Warmia-Masuria Provinces.An ergometric device "Concept 2 Dyno" was used in the measurements of isotonic strength and strength endurance. In the measurement of static strength an electronic dynamometer ERGO METER was used. To evaluate the level of technical skills (throws), the method of expert evaluation was used (coach evaluation).Results: Using regression analysis results, which revealed the most significant relationships between variables presented in percentage value, relation's topographies of particular types of muscle strength were created. They form an applicable, transparent and ready-to-use in training process form for coaches. They point to these elements of strength preparation on which the training process should be primarily focused and during measurement intervals as well.Conclusions: Interpretation and synthesis of the results showed relationships of 10 technical skills (throws) with muscle strength in 17-19-year-old judoists in three out of four types: isotonic strength, strength endurance and static strength. These skills were included in hand throws - 2, foot - 1, hip - 3 and sacrifice - 4. Jump force remained with no significant relationships.The results of this study can be used in the training process of 17-19-year-old judoists. Following technical skills (throws) were characterized: tai-otoshi, seoi-nage, kosoto-gari, uki-goshi, tsuri-goshi, ushiro-goshi, tani-otoshi, osoto-makikomi, yokootoshi, yoko-guruma.
1 - 1 - 2011
3 - 1 - 2012
- Dąbrowska A. Wyniki badań zmian wartości siły mięśniowej statycznej mierzonej w czasie walk symulowanych w judo [in Polish] [Results of studies on the changes in the value of static muscle strength measured during simulated fights in judo]. Warszawa; 1984.
- Jagiełło W. Wieloletni trening judoków [in Polish] [Long-standing training of judoists]. Warszawa: COS; 2000.
- Chwała W, Ambroży T, Ambroży D. Poziom sprawności motorycznej warunkujący uzyskiwanie wysokich wyników w teście oceny podstawowej umiejętności samoobrony [in Polish] [The level of motor fitness determining the achievement of top results in the test of basic self-defence skills]. In: Kalina RM, Jagiełło W, editors. Wychowawcze i utylitarne aspekty sportów walki [Pedagogical and utilitarian aspects of combat sports]. Warszawa: AWF; 2000, 53-57.
- Sterkowicz S, Lech G. Tendencje szkoleniowe w judo na podstawie analizy walki seniorów. Czynności zawodowe trenera i problemy badawcze w sportach walki [in Polish] [Coaching trends in judo on the basis of an analysis of seniors' fight. A coach's professional tasks and research problems in combat sports]. Zeszyty Naukowe [AWF Kraków] 2001;83:100-104.
- Jagiełło W. Teoretiko-metodicheskie osnovy sistemy mnogoletnej fizicheskoj podgotovki junych dzjudoistov [in Russian] [Theoretical-methodical basis of a long-standing physical training system of young judoists]. Warsaw - Kiev; 2002.
- Sikorski W. Aktualne problemy treningu i walki sportowej w judo [in Polish] [Current problems of training and sports fight in judo]. Prace i Materiały, Instytut Sportu, Warszawa 1985, vol. 5.
- Metveev S, Jagiełło W. Judo: trening sportowy [in Polish] [Judo: sports training]. Warszawa: COS, 1997.
- Kalina RM. Teoria sportów walki [in Polish] [Theory of combat sports]. Warszawa: Biblioteka Trenera; 2000.
- Laskowski R. Skuteczność techniczna i taktyczna zawodniczek reprezentacji Polski w judo w wieloletnim procesie treningowym [in Polish] [Technical and tactical efficiency of Polish national judo female representatives in a long-standing training process]. Gdańsk: AWFiS; 2006.
- Pauletto B. Strength training for basketball. Champaign: Human Kinetics; 1994.
- Komi PV, editor. Strength and power in sport. Oxford: Blackwell Scientific; 1992.
- Zatsiorsky VM. Science and practice of strength training. Champaign: Human Kinetics; 1995.
- Fleck SJ, Kraemer WJ. Designing resistance training programs. Champaign: Human Kinetics; 1997.
- Stefaniak T. Dokładność odtwarzania zadanej siły przez zawodników sportów walki [in Polish] [Precision of reconstruction of the force inflicted by combat sports competitors]. Wrocław: AWF; 2008.
Publication order reference