The Contest Effectiveness of the Men's National Judo Team of Japan, and Character of Their Technical-Tactical Preparation during the World Judo Championships 2010
Languages of publication
Background: The aim of our research was to determine the contest effectiveness of Japanese judo competitors and to state the quantitative an qualitative indices of the tactical-technical preparation (PTT). The values of these indices may be used for controlling the process of special preparation.Material/Methods: Medal classification of the national teams from all Olympic Games and World Championships, and contest effectiveness of the national teams during 2007-2010 were determined. The analysis of PTT indices of 16 Japanese competitors was carried out. They fought 78 contests during the World Championships 2010. Predominant techniques were described. The selected indices have been assessed.Results: Japanese competitors prevailed over their opponents in the men's group during the Olympic Games and the World Championships. After changing sport rules in judo, they overcame their poor performance within 2007-2009, and they have become leaders in world's judo. Japanese competitors are highly effective in leg throws, especially in such throws as: uchimata, osoto gari, and kouchi gari as well as seoi nage (although this throw is a hand technique). They executed throws forwards and mainly by means of pivot. Japanese competitors had a positive value of activity indices and high indices of defense.Conclusions: Sport results achieved by Japanese judo competitors prove their high contest performance and the dominating position in judo competitions. Among their dominating techniques, we can see leg techniques performed by pivoting and breaking balance forwards on toes. They are also effective in executing grappling techniques such as holdings (immobilizations) for example. During the World Championships in 2010 Japanese competitors were characterized by a positive value of activity indices and high indices of defence.
1 - 1 - 2011
5 - 4 - 2011
- Kano J. Kodokan Judo. Edited under the supervision of the Kodokan Editorial Committee. Tokyo, New York, London: Kodansha International; 1994.
- Adam M, Smaruj M, Laskowski R. Graficzna metoda rejestracji walki judo [in Polish] [The graphic method of recording a judo contest]. Sport Wyczynowy 2005;5-6:33-43.
- Kawamura T, Daigo T. Kodokan New Japanese-English Dictionary of Judo. Tokyo: The Foundation of Kodokan Judo Institute; 2000.
- Łaksa C. Wyniki analizy obserwacji przy pomocy współczynnika aktywności i skuteczności walki w wadze lekkiej podczas Mistrzostw Europy seniorów w 1971 roku [in Polish] [Results of an analysis of observation by means of activity coefficient and the effectiveness of combat in the lightweight category during seniors' European Championships in 1971]. Biblioteka Trenera 1972;4:21-38.
- Laskowski R, Smaruj M, Adam M. Charakterystyka przygotowania techniczno taktycznego w judo kobiet na podstawie obserwacji Ogólnopolskich Turniejów Klasyfikacyjnych w 2003 roku [in Polish] [A characteristic of technical-tactical preparation in women's judo on the basis of observations of Polish Classifying Tournaments in 2003]. In: Kuder A, Perkowski K, Śledziewski D, editors. Proces doskonalenia treningu i walki sportowej (II) [The process of perfecting training and sports fight]. Warszawa: Wydawnictwo AWF; 2005, 180-183.
- Sterkowicz S, Franchini E. Techniques used by judoists during the world and Olympic tournaments 1995-1999. Human Movement 2000;2:24-32.
- Otaki T. Inquiry. JU-DO Magazines of the Ko-do-Kan 1954;4(2):45-65.
- Thibult C. Efficiency of Japanese Combats. JUDO Magazine of the Kodokan 1963;2:61-66.
- Nakamura I, Tanabe Y, Nanjo M, Narazaki N. Analysis of winning points in World Senior Championships from 1995 to 1999. Bulletin of the Association for the Scientific Studies on Judo. Kodokan Report 2002;9:147-156.
- Nakamura I, Yamaguchi K, Shigeoka T, Hamada H, Takeuchi Y. Comparison of Performance between Male and Female in 2003 World Judo championships. Bulletin of the Association for the Scientific Studies on Judo. Kodokan Report 2005;10:77-85.
- Suganami M, Hirose N, Nakamura M, Maekawa N. A Study of lost competitions of Japanese male judo players at Europe. A Tournaments. Bulletin of the Association for the Scientific Studies on Judo. Kodokan Report 2001;9:13-21.
- Hamana J, Nose S, Sakai K, Suzuki W, Tanaka M. Analytical study of judo competitors. Bulletin of the Association for the Scientific Studies on Judo. Kodokan Report 1994;7:73-93.
- Lipoński W. Encyklopedia sportów świata [in Polish] [The encyclopaedia of world's sports]. Poznań: Oficyna Wydawnicza Atena; 2008.
- Adam M, Smaruj M, Tyszkowski S: The diagnosis of the technical-tactical preparation of judo competitors during the World Champions (2009 and 2010) in the light of the new judo sport rules. Archives of Budo 2011;(7):5-9.
- Tomiki K. The fundamental principles of judo. Tokyo: Kodokan; 1956.
- Pedro J, Turbin W. Judo techniques & tactics. Champaign Ill.: Human Kinetics Publishers; 2001.
Publication order reference