The Features of Functional Capabilities of Elite Basketball Players Related to Game Function
Languages of publication
Background: The features of functional capacities of elite basketball players related to game functions (players of various lines) have been analyzed on the basis of evaluation of the physiological reactivity characteristics It has been assumed that some specific characteristics are related to efficient competitive activity and are manifestations of endurance: power of cardiorespiratory system (CRS), economy, mobility, stability and ability to realize the potential of the system for specific workload.Material/Methods: Twenty nine elite male basketball players were examined during the competitive period of training. For the analysis of CRS response to physical exercises the complex of the tests for estimating aerobic capacity and anaerobic possibilities of athletes were used.Results: The results showed that basketball players of various game functions have different levels of functional fitness and components of aerobic capacitiesConclusion: A possibility to efficiently control the preparation of athletes and determine the most optimal character of their competitive activity has been considered on the basis of an account of functional capacities level and differences in its levels in athletes of different game functions.
1 - 1 - 2009
3 - 11 - 2009
- MacLaren D. Court games: volleyball and basketball. In: Reìlly T, Sécher N, Snell P, editors. Physiology of Sport. London: E&FN Spon Ltd.; 1990, 427-463.
- Kuchkin SN, Bakulin SA, Chenegin VM. Fiziologicheskie i biochimicheskie faktory, limitirujuschie sportivnuju rabotosposobnosc [in Russian] [Physiological and biochemical factors related to limitation of working capacity in sports]. Volgograd, 1986.
- Costill CL, Daniels J, Evans W, Fink W, Krahenbuhl G, Saltin B. Skeletal muscle enzymes and fibre composition in male and female track athletes. J Appl Physiol 1976;40:149-154.
- Jalak RV. Dinamika fizicheskoj rabotosposobnosci v zavisimosti ot strukturu trenirovochnogo procesa v basketbole. Sovremennuje voprosu sportivnoj mediciny i lechebnoj fizkultury [in Russian] [Dynamics of working capacities related to structure of training process in basketball. Modern question of sport medicine and physical rehabilitation]. Talin, 1986.
- Vaccaro P, Clarke DH, Wrenn JP, Physiological profiles of elite women basketball players. J Sport Med Phys Fit 1979;19:45-54.
- Soares J, Mendes OC, Neto CB, Matsudo VKR. Physical fitness characteristics of Brazilian national basketball team as related to game functions. In: Day JAP, editor. Perspectives in Kinanthropometry Champaign Ill.: Human Kinetics; 1986, 127-133.
- Mishchenko V, Monogarov V. Fisiologia del deportista, Barcelona: Ediorial Paidotribo, 1995.
- Mishchenko VS. Funkcionalnyje vozmoznosti sportsmenov [in Russian] [Functional possibilities of athletes]. Kiev: Zdorovie; 1990.
- Tomiak T, Lysenko E, Zasada M. Fast Kinetics and Sensitivity of Cardiorespiratory Responses in Athletes of Different Sport Events. Research Yearbook 2005;11:25-29.
Publication order reference