Endurance and Speed Capacity of the Korea Republic Football National Team During the World Cup of 2010
Languages of publication
The aim of the study was to characterize selected indices of endurance and speed of the Korea Republic team with reference to the four best teams during the World Cup of 2010. Five hundred and ninety-nine football players from thirty-two teams participated in the study. All teams played in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. For the assessment of the players' motor activity during matches common kinematic test results were recorded using the Castrol Performance Index. The following variables were analysed: total distance covered by the team, distance covered by individual players, maximum running speed and average match running speed for the team and individual players, as well as with division with regard to playing position: defenders, midfielders, strikers. In comparison to the four best teams at the football World Cup of 2010, the Korea Republic players achieved the highest running speed (p≤0.05), and similar levels of covered distance and average match running speed.
1 - 12 - 2011
25 - 12 - 2011
- Bangsbo J. The physiology of soccer-with special reference to intense intermittent exercise. Acta Physiol Scand Suppl, 1994; 619: 1-155.
- Bangsbo J, Mohr M, Krustrup P. Physical and metabolic demands of training and match-play in the elite football player. J Sports Sci, 2006; 24: 665-674.
- Barros R, Misuta M, Menezes R, Figueroa P, Felipe M, Cunha S, Anido R, Leite N. Analysis of the distances covered by first division Brazilian soccer players obtained wiht an automatic tracking method. J Sports Sci and Med 2007; 233-242.
- Buchheit M, Mendez-Villanueva A, Simpson BM, Bourdon PC. Match running performance and fitness in youth soccer. Int J Sports Med, 2010; 31: 818-825.
- Chmura J, Nazar K. Parallel changes in the onset of blood lactate accumulation (OBLA) and threshold of psychomotor performance deterioration during incremental exercise after training in athletes. Int J Psychophysiol, 2010; 75: 287-290.[WoS]
- Di Salvo V, Baron R, Tschan H, Calderon Montero FJ, Bachl N, Pigozzi F. Performance characteristics according to playing position in elite soccer. Int J Sports Med, 2007; 28: 222-227.
- Drinkwater E. Effects of peripheral cooling on characteristics of local muscle. Med Sport Sci, 2008; 53: 74-88.
- Gregson W, Drust B, Atkinson G, Salvo VD. Match-to-match variability of high-speed activities in premier league soccer. Int J Sports Med, 2010; 31: 237-242.[WoS]
- Hönl M. So warden Fussballer schneller. Fussballtraining, 1996; 35: 65-71.
- Mohr M, Mujika I, Santisteban J, Randers MB, Bischoff R, Solano R, Hewitt A, Zubillaga A, Peltola E, Krustrup P. Examination of fatigue development in elite soccer in a hot environment: a multiexperimental approach. Scand J Med Sci Sports, 2010; 20 Suppl 3: 125-132.[Crossref]
- Rienzi E, Drust B, Reilly T, Carter JE, Martin A. Investigation of anthropometric and work-rate profiles of elite South American international soccer players. J Sports Med Phys Fitness, 2000; 40: 162-169.
- Wehrlin JP, Hallen J. Linear decrease in .VO2max and performance with increasing altitude in endurance athletes. Eur J Appl Physiol, 2006; 96: 404-412.
Publication order reference