Corporality, Sport and Erotica
Languages of publication
The article analyzes interrelations that exist between sport and eroticism. It rejects the propagation of sex through sport and the propagation of sport through sex. The author of the paper asks the question whether erotica is a phenomenon which only recently is valued in sports or whether it is a epiphenomenon. We believe that the topic "corporality, sport and erotica" could be discussed from various aspects, the esthetical, ethical, philosophical, psychological, sociological, sexological, gender and commercial could be included. We can say beforehand that the esthetical aspect plays the largest role when addressing such a topic. Both eroticism and beauty are important categories of esthetics. A naked and exposed body (when considering sport and athletes) can often express much more than a covered body. The naked body has the ability to show the dynamics of sports both authentically and truthfully. Erotica in sport, as it is portrayed through the rules and esthetical nature of each individual sport and through the accepted taste and norms of both athletes and spectators, can be considered a cultural relic of sport itself.
1 - 6 - 2011
21 - 6 - 2011
- Vaněk J., Aesthetics of the body and mind [in Slovak]. IRIS, Bratislava 1999.
- Tatarkiewicz V., History of Aesthetics III. Modern aesthetics [in Slovak]. Tatran, Bratislava 1991.
- Jirásek I., Nakedness in context of movement culture [in Czech]. Tělesná kultura, 2009, 32 (2), 9-20.
- Classifields. In: Slovak sport newspaper, 21.05.2010, 64. ročník, č. 115, 41. [in Slovak] Inzercia. Šport, denník/.
- Huizinga J., The Waning of the Middle Ages [in Slovak]. Tatran, Bratislava 1990.
- Freud S., A man and culture [in Czech]. Odeon, Praha 1990.
- Oborný J., Arivismus (encyclopedic entry). In: Kasa J., Švec Š. (eds.) Terminological Dictionary of Sport Science [in Slovak]. Univerzita Komenského, Fakulta telesnej výchovy a športu, Bratislava 2007.
- Straková M., The stereotypical female sexuality. In: Marková D. (ed.) Sexualities II.: Collection of Papers from the Second International Conference held on 30 Sept. - 1 Oct. 2008 [in Slovak]. UKF, Nitra 2009, p. 407-413.
- Scheler M., Virtue [in Czech]. Mladá fronta, Praha 1993.
- Hošek R., Land of Gods and humans. Insights into the ancient [in Czech]. Svoboda, Praha 1972.
- Platon, Dialogues I [in Slovak]. Tatran, Bratislava 1990.
Publication order reference