A Physical Education Teacher as a part of School Health Education
Languages of publication
The article discusses the changes in carrying out health education introduced by the school curricular reform. The new podstawa programowa (curricular basis) introduces some important changes in health education by choosing Physical Education as the most suitable subject to deal with health education. Therefore, a physical education teacher becomes a person responsible for carrying out health education at school (a coordinator of activity). The article demonstrates the new role of the physical education teacher which requires the adequate students' preparation for their future careers as well as the appropriate training of the physical education teacher, in the scope of their knowledge, skills and attitude. The teacher's responsibility, genuineness and reliability are also emphasized, since, due to the new tasks, the teacher becomes a creator of healthy lifestyle at school.
1 - 6 - 2010
30 - 7 - 2010
- Wolny, B., Physical education in the reformed school. The status and position of physical education in Polish school [in Polish]. KUL, Lublin 2006.
- Kowalczyk, S., The principles of Christian personalism. In: Barlak M. (ed.), Personalistic vision of sport [in Polish]. Wydawnictwo Salezjańskie, Warszawa 1994, 17-19.
- Nowak, M., Basics of open pedagogy [in Polish]. RW KUL, Lublin 2000.
- Maritain, J., Integral humanism: Temporal and Spiritual Problems of a New Christendom. Katolicki Ośrodek "Veritas", London 1960.
- Kunowski, S., Foundations of modern pedagogy [in Polish]. Wydawnictwo Salezjańskie, Warszawa 1993.
- Kunowski, S., Educational process and its structures [in Polish]. Instytut Pracy Nauczycielskiej, Lublin 1946.
- Furmanek, W., Basic tasks of the school reform [in Polish]. Oświata Podkarpacka, 2000, 4, 18-24.
- The school program reform. Available from:
- The Regulation of Ministry of Education from 23 December 2008 on the curricular basis of pre-school education (kindergartens) and overall education in each type of school. (Dz. U. Nr 4, póz. 17 w dniu 15 stycznia 2009 r.). Available from:
- The Regulation of The Sport and Education Minister from 26 February 2002 on the curricular basis of pre-school education (kindergartens) and overall education in each type of school (Dz. U. Nr 51, poz.458). Available from:
- The Regulation of The Minister of Education from 23 August 2007 changing the regulation on the curricular basis of preschool education (kindergartens) and overall education in each type of school (DZ. U. z dnia 31 sierpnia 2007 r. Nr 157, póz. 1100). Available from:
- Wolny, B., Health education in the school. The guide for teachers implementing health education. Wydanie II rozszerzone [in Polish]. Campus, Stalowa Wola 2008.
- Lewicki Cz., Difficulties and limitations in the area of health promotion, their visible signs, causes and consequences. In: Wolicki M., Wolny B., Pańczyk W. (eds.), Health education the chance to improve a quality of life [in Polish]. Campus, Stalowa Wola 2009, 56-63.
- Woynarowska, B., Health education [in Polish]. PWN, Warszawa 2007.
- Kowalski, M., Gaweł A., Health, value, education [in Polish]. Impuls, Kraków 2006.
- Zawadzka, B., Growing youth versus their health problem [in Polish] AWF, Kraków 2007.
- Pawłucki, A., Teacher versus the health value - critical work [in Polish]. AWF, Gdańsk 1997.
- Krawański, A., The body and human health. In the modern physical education system [in Polish]. AWF, Poznań 2003.
- Pawłucki, A., Pedagogy of the body value [in Polish]. AWF, Gdańsk 1996.
- Demel, M., On health education [in Polish]. PZWS, Warszawa 1968.
- Woynarowska, B., Sokołowska, M., Educational path - health education and promotion in the school [in Polish]. KOWEZ, Warszawa 2001.
- Rusiecki, M., The Card of teacher's responsibilities and duties [in Polish]. Uniwersytet Humanistyczno-Przyrodniczy, Kielce 2004.
- Wojtyła, K., The person, action and other anthropology studies [in Polish]. TN KUL, Lublin 1994.
- Jeleńska, L., Mastery of education [in Polish]. Nasza Księgarnia, Warszawa 1932.
- Zamoyska, J., On education [in Polish]. Naczelny Instytut Akcji Katolickiej, Poznań 1937.
- Gogacz, M., Basics of education [in Polish]. Wydawnictwo Franciszkanów, Niepokalanów 1993.
- John Paul II, Homily in Łowicz, 14th June 1999. In. Z. Dziubiński (ed.), Aksjology of sport [in Polish]. Wydawnictwo Salezjańskie, Warszawa 2001, 6-7.
- Rusiecki, M., The code of teacher's ethics [in Polish]. PTN, Warszawa 1997.
Publication order reference