The Efficiency Model of Soccer Player's Actions in Cooperation with Other Team Players at the FIFA World Cup
Languages of publication
Purpose. The purpose of this paper is to present a simple, table-graphic model of one-to-one play in soccer based on observation of cooperation of top soccer players. Basic procedures. The research material consisted of audio-visual recordings from six soccer matches played by the three top teams of the 2006 World Cup finals. The data concering one-to-one plays was entered on a special form. Offensive and defensive actions were assessed with reference to the implementation of the game's objectives and players' position in the field zones. Main findings. It has been proven that elite soccer players are most effective at intercepting the ball down the field and in other zones of the pitch. They are also very active in breaking their opponents' offensive actions in midfield. Conclusions. The models reflecting elite soccer players' efficiency in one-to-one play should constitute important references for the training of novice soccer players.
1 - 6 - 2008
23 - 6 - 2008
- Panfil R., Ball games vs. social games - functions and correlations [in Polish]. Człowiek i Ruch, 2001, 1(3) Suppl., 6-13.
- Szwarc A., One-to-one play model in soccer [in Polish]. Pedagogical, Psychological, Medical and Biological Problems of Physical Training and Sport, 2006, 2, 153-156.
- Szwarc A., Conditions of efficiency of actions in selected parts of a soccer game: the case of soccer [in Polish]. AWFiS, Gdańsk 2007.
- Panfil R., Praxeology of sport games [in Polish]. AWF, Wrocław 2006.
- Szwarc A., Methods of assessment of soccer players' tactical and technical performance [in Polish]. AWFiS, Gdańsk 2003.
- Gerisch G., Reichelt M., Computer- and video-aided analysis of football games. In: Reilly T., Clarys J., Stribbe A. (eds.), Science and Football II. E&FN Spon, London 1993, 167-173.
- Bergier J., In search of determinants of play effectiveness in soccer [in Polish]. Wychowanie Fizyczne i Sport, 1998, 2, 81-91.
- Wrzos J., The 1998 FIFA World Cup: Efficiency of selected technical and tactical actions (I) [in Polish]. Sport Wyczynowy, 1998, 9-10, 28-33.
- Szwarc A., Relations between effectiveness in one-to-one play and expert assessment of young soccer players' performance. Pedagogical, Psychological, Medical and Biological Problems of Physical Training and Sport, 2005, 6, 92-94.
Publication order reference