Spontaneous Rupture of the Spleen - A Rare Case
Languages of publication
The study presented two cases of spontaneous rupture of the spleen. Both patients were treated at the Department of General, Oncological, and Endocrinological Surgery. The first patient underwent splenectomy. The postoperative course was uneventful. The second patient was subject to pharmacological treatment because of non-acceptance to surgical intervention. The patient died during the following hospitalization. Both patients received oral anticoagulants, due to atrial fibrillation and an implanted heart valve. History of previous trauma was absent. The study presented a detailed description of the clinical course of splenic rupture.
1 - 2 - 2011
30 - 3 - 2011
- Wilson CI, Cabello-Inchausti B, Sendzischew H et al.: Ceroid Histiocytosis: An Unusual Cause of Atraumatic Splenic Rupture. South Med J 2001; 94 (2): 237-39.[PubMed]
- Kazemy AH: Spontaneous Rupture of Spleen Due to Q Fever. South Med J 2000; 93 (6): 609-10.
- Lashbrook DJ, James RW, Phillips AJ et al.: Splenic Peliosis With Spontaneous Splenic Rupture: Report Of Two Cases. BMC Surgery
- Badaoui R, Chebboubi K, Delmas J et al.: Splenic rupture and anticoagulant therapy. Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 2004; 23: 748-50.
- Chun HJ, Osuga K, Ukai I et al.: Spontaneous splenic rupture due to extensive venous malformation with consumptive coagulopathy: treatment with splenic artery embolization. Jpn J Radiol 2010; 28: 381-84.[WoS][PubMed]
- Hester AK, Johnson DL, Awad ZT: Spontaneous splenic rupture due to splenic metastasis of esophageal cancer. Am Surg 2010; 76: 1025.[PubMed]
- Georg C, Ceolle J, Georg K Et al.: Spontaneous rupture of the spleen: ultrasound patterns, diagnosis and follow-up. Br J Radiol 2003; 76: 704-11.
- Barałkiewicz G, Mijal J, Karon J et al.: Spontaneous splenic rupture as a complication of infectious mononucleosis. Przegl Epidemiol 1996; 50: 435-41.
- Jankowski K, Liszewska-Pfejfer D, Ablewska U. Spleen rupture and ischemic cerebral stroke in a patient with recent myocardial infarction. Pol Arch Med Wewn 1994; 91: 61-64.
- Renzulli P, Hostettler A, Schoepfer AM et al.: Systematic review of atraumatic splenic rupture. Br J Surg 2009; 96: 1114-21.
Publication order reference