Coil Migration Following Intravascular Embolization of Hepatic Artery Aneurysm as a Cause of Life-Threatening Obstructive Jaundice - Case Report
Languages of publication
Authors present a case of a 75-year old woman who developed obstructive jaundice caused by migration of an embolization coil. Following ERCP during which the coil and surrounding biliary deposits were removed, the patient was discharge home. 7 months earlier the patient had undergone an elective cholecystectomy. Immediately after the procedure the patient was diagnosed with hemobilia caused by an aneurysym of the right hepatic artery. Endovascular procedure was performed and 3 embolization coils were implanted into the right hepatic artery.
1 - 12 - 2010
23 - 2 - 2011
- Merrell SW, Schneider PD: Hemobilia - evolution of current diagnosis and treatment. West J Med 1991; 155(6): 621-25.
- Galun D, Basarić D, Lekić N et al.: Hemobilia. Acta Chir Iugosl. 2007; 54 (1): 41-45.
- Finley D, Hinojosa M, Paya M et al.: Hepatic artery pseudoaneurysm: a report of seven cases and a review of the literature. Surg Today 2005; 35: 543-47.[WoS][Crossref]
- Madanur MA, Battula N, Sethi H et al.: Pseudoaneurysm following laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 2007; 6(3): 294-98.[PubMed]
- Nicholson T, Travis S, Ettles D et al.: Hepatic artery angiography and embolization for hemobilia following laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 1999; 22: 20-24.[Crossref][PubMed]
- Srivastava D, Sharma S, Pal S et al.: Transcatheter arteria embolization In the management of hemobilia. Abdom Imaging 2006; 31: 439-48.[Crossref]
- Laopaiboon V, Aphinives C, Pongsuwan P et al.: Hepatic artery embolization to control liver hemorrhages by interventional radiologists: experiences from Khon Kaen University. J Med. Assoc Thai 2006; 89(3): 384-89.
- Alaref SJ, Abdel-Rahman H, Hussain N: Idiopathic cystic artery aneurysym complicated with hemobilia and acute pancreatitis. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 2008; 7(5): 547-50.
- Chirica M, Alkofer B, Sauvanet A et al.: Hepatic artery ligation: a simple and safe technique to treat extrahepatic aneurysym of the hepatic artery. Am J Surg 2008; 196(3): 333-38.[WoS]
- Burns L, Slakey DP: Laparoscopic management of Massie hemobilia from an intrahepatic aneurysym. JSLS 2009; 13(1): 60-63.
Publication order reference