Two Synchronous, Histologically Distinct Lung Cancers in One Lobe - a Case Report
Languages of publication
A case of patent who was admitted to the unit because of lung tumor is presented in his report. After receiving the cytological diagnosis of the carcinoma non-microcellulare from biopsy taken during bronchoscopy patient was qualified for operative procedure. Upper left lobectomy was performed. During the histological investigation of postoperative specimen the diagnosis of adenocarcinoma GI was established. Furthermore in subsegmental bronchus small tumor which didn't infiltrate the whole bronchial wall was noticed. The diagnosis of carcinoma planoepitheliale keratodes GII was established. For each cancer I stage of disease was established (pT1N0M0). Postoperative period was uncomplicated. In control X-ray after 3, 6, 9 months cancer recurrence wasn't diagnosed. General condition of patient was very good (WHO 0). Patient return to the complete physical activity.
1 - 5 - 2008
9 - 6 - 2008
- Papliński Z, Jassem J: Rak płuca. Wydawnictwo Lekarskie PZWL, Warszawa 1994.
- Nakata M, Sawada S, Yamashita M et al.: Surgical treatments for multiple primary adenocarcinoma of the lung. Ann Thorac Surg 2004; 78(4): 1194-99.[PubMed][Crossref]
- Chang YL, Wu CT, Lee YC: Surgical treatment of synchronous multiple primary lung cancers: experience of 92 patients. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2007; 134(3): 630-37.
- Brunelli A, Xiume F, Refai M: Bilateral staged uniportal VATS for synchronous lung cancers. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 2006; 5(5): 658-59.[PubMed]
- Rusch VW, Tsuchiya R, Tsuboi M et al.: Surgery for bronchioloalveolar carcinoma and "very early" adenocarcinoma: an evolving standard of care? J Thorac Oncol 2006; 1(9 Suppl): 27-31.
- Mun M, Kohno T: Single-stage surgical treatment of synchronous bilateral multiple lung cancers. Ann Thorac Surg 2007; 83(3): 1146-51.[WoS]
- Kobashi Y, Fukuda M, Yoshida K et al.: Synchronus presentation of early-stage small cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma in the same lung lobe. Intern Med 2006; 45(5): 287-91.[PubMed][Crossref]
- Khan F, Thayer J, Bauer F et al.: Synchronous lung cancers: case report and review of the literature. Conn Med 2005; 69(8): 461-63.
- Uagun I, Akaayir Sahin I, Metintaay M et al.: Synchronous primary lung cancers: due to the four cases. Tuberk Toraks 2004; 52(3): 262-67.
- Fujiwara K, Nagaoka M, Taniguchi E: Multiple primary lung cancer diagnosed by thoracic computed tomography; report of 2 cases. Kyobu Geka 2004; 57(4): 334-37.[PubMed]
- Yano K, Yokoi K, Matsuguma H et al.: Synchronous tumors consisted of bronchial carcinoid and adenocarcinoma of the lung. Kyobu Geka 2002; 55(6): 457-60.[PubMed]
- Ferguson MK, De Meester TR, Deslauriers J et al.: Diagnosis and management of synchrous lung cancers. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 1985; 89: 378-81.
Publication order reference