Endovascular Treatment of Innominate Artery Aneurysms
Languages of publication
In 2004, two patients were operated on due to innominate artery aneurysms in the Department of General and Thoracic Surgery.The first patient was a 53 year old man admitted to the hospital with suspicion of lung neoplasm, haemoptysis and dyspnoea. AngioCT revealed a ruptured aneurysm of the innominate artery. An urgent endovascular procedure was performed with stentgraft implantation. There were no complications during the procedure and recovery. He was discharged in good condition on the twelfth postoperative day. At the three month follow-up visit, he had no complaints.The second patient was a 73 year old man who had been followed for two years because of a slowly growing aneurysm of the innominate artery. Elective operation was performed with stentgraft implantation. He developed arm ischemia during first postoperative day due to subclavian steal syndrome. After thoracic pharmacological sympathectomy, the problem was solved. At the six month follow-up visit, he was asymptomatic.
1 - 7 - 2007
27 - 11 - 2007
- Bush RL, Hurt JE, Bianco CC: Endovascular management of a ruptured mycotic aneurysm of the innominate artery. Ann Thorac Surg 2002; 74(6): 2184-86.[PubMed][Crossref]
- Kieffer E, Chiche L, Koskas F et al.: Aneurysms of the innominate artery: Surgical treatment of 27 patients. J Vasc Surg 2001; 34: 222-28.[Crossref]
- Blattman SB, Landis GS, Knight M et al.: Combined endovascular and open repair of a penetrating innominate artery and tracheal injury. Ann Thorac Surg 2002; 74(1): 237-39.[Crossref]
- Chandler TA, Fishwick G, Bell PR: Endovascular repair of a traumatic innominate artery aneurysm. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 1999; 18(1): 80-82.[PubMed][Crossref]
- Ruebben A, Merlo M, Verri A et al.: Combined surgical and endovascular treatment of a traumatic pseudo-aneurysm of the brachiocephalic trunk with anatomical anomaly. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 1997; 38(2): 173-76.
- Axisa BM, Loftus IM, Fishwick G et al.: Endovascular repair of an innominate artery false aneurysm following blunt trauma. J Endovasc Ther 2000; 7(3): 245-50.[Crossref]
- Puech-Leao P, Orra HA: Endovascular repair of an innominate artery true aneurysm. J Endovasc Ther 2001; 8(4): 429-32.[Crossref]
- Szostek MM, Pogorzelski R, Jakuczun W i wsp.: Zastosowanie stentgraftów w rozwarstwieniu aorty piersiowej zstępującej. Pol Przegl Chir 2005; 77(3): 264-74.
- Szczerbo-Trojanowska M, Michalak J, Kobusiewicz W i wsp.: Zastosowanie protez wewnątrznaczyniowych-stentów w leczeniu tętniaków aorty brzusznej. Pol Przegl Chir 1999; 71: 494-500.
- Waldenberger P, Fraedrich G, Mallouhi A et al.: Emergency endovascular treatment of traumatic aortic arch rupture with multiple arch vessel involvement. J Endovasc Ther 2003; 10(4): 728-32.[Crossref]
Publication order reference