Post-Traumatic Duodenal Intramural Haematoma: A Reason for Upper Segment Alimentary Tract Obstruction
Languages of publication
A case of post-traumatic intramural haematoma of the duodenum is presented in this report. The patient was admitted to the unit after multiorgan injury. Preliminary examination (X-ray, USG - diagnosis, paracentesis of the abdominal cavity) showed abdominal hemorrhage. The patient was urgently operated on (splenectomy and partial small bowel resection). The post-surgical period was complicated by intramural duodenal haematoma, which blocked the passage of chyme to distal portions of the alimentary tract. The patient was treated conservatively. On postoperative day 9, the ailment receded. The patient was discharged from the hospital in good general condition.
1 - 6 - 2007
27 - 11 - 2007
- Jewett TC Jr., Caldarola V, Karp MP: Intramural heamatoma of the duodenum. Department of Surgery, State University of New York, Buffalo. Arch Surg 1988; 123: 54-58.
- Iuchtman M, Steiner T, Faierman T al.: Post-traumatic intramural duodenal hematoma in children Department of Pediatric Surgery, Hillel Yaffe Medical Center, Hadera, Israel Isr Med Assoc J 2006; 8(2): 95-97.
- Ciesla DJ, Burch JM: Pancreatic and duodenal injuries John L. Cameron: Current surgical therapy 8th ed., Philadelphia, Mosby 2004; 959-63.
- Lorente-Ramos RM, Santiago-Hernando A, Del Valle-Sanz Y: Sonographic diagnosis of intramural duodenal hematomas Hospital Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Spain. J Clin Ulrasound 1999; 27(4): 213-16.
- Kocaoglu M, Ors F, Bulakbasi N, Ucoz T: Duodenal intramural hematoma due to blunt abdominal trauma. Turkish Journal of Trauma & Emergency Surgery 2005; 165-67.
- Desai KM, Dorward IG, Minkes RK: Blunt duodenal injuries in children Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine St. Louis Children's Hospital, Missouri 63110, USA. J Trauma 2003; 54(4): 640-45.
- Hill H, Deppe H, Huchzermeyer H: Duodenal ileus due to an intramural duodenal haematoma. Coservative therapy using e multiple lumen intestinal probe. Dtsch Med Wochenschr 2005; 130(3): 92-94.
- Lopez PP, Bejamin R, Cockburn M et al.: Recent trends in the management of combined pancreatoduodenal injuries Division of Trauma&Surgical Critical Care, DeWitt Daughtry Family Department of Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami FL 33101, USA. Am Surg 2005; 71(10): 847-52.
- Rickard MJ, Brohi K, Bautz PC: Pancreatic and duodenal ijuries: keep it simple Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cocord Hospital, Sydey, New South Wales, Australia. ANZ J Surg 2005; 75(7): 581-86.
- Degiannis E, Boffard K: Duodenal injuries. Br J Surg 2000; 87: 1473.[WoS]
- Gulloto C, Paulson EK: CT - guided percutaneons drainage of a duodenal hematoma. Am J Roentgend 2005; 184: 231.
- Loyd GM et al.: Case of duodenal haematoma treated with ultrasound guided drainge. ANZ J Surg 2004; 74(6): 500.
Publication order reference