Fly ash as the component of composites materials
Languages of publication
The fly ash from powerplant can be compared, due to its genesis, chemical and mineralogical composition with the natural volcanic glasses and minerals generated in the process of devitrification in situ. Its quality is comparable to non-metallic alumosilicate raw materials that are commercially used in building and ceramic industry. Two possibilities of fly ash utilization as the most bulk waste produced by anthropogenic activity were examined. The way of fly ashes utilization in the modeling of mixtures for the high refractory mullite corundum materials synthesis was examined. In this experiment 95.5% conversion of the input components of fly ash and Al additive in the ratio 1:1 on the mullite and corundum was obtained.
1 - 12 - 2012
12 - 01 - 2013
- 1. Gregerova, M. (2007). Technolithology, present and future prospect. Acta Geologica Universitatis Comenianae, 1 (1), 7.
- 2. Gregerova, M., Fojt, B. & Vavra, V. (2002). Microscopy of rock-forming and technical minerals. Moravian museum, Masaryk University Brno, Faculty of Science, 325, [in Czech].
- 3. Mason, B. & Berry, L.G. (1968). Elements of mineralogy. W. H. Freeman and Company, San Francisco, 550.
- 4. Dana, K., Das, S. & Kumar, D.S. (2004). Effect of substitution of fly ash for quartz in triaxial kaolin-quartz-feldspar system. Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 24 (10-11), 3169-3175. DOI:10.1016/j.jeurceramsoc.2003.10.008.[Crossref]
- 5. Yong, H., Weimin, Ch. & Hesheng, C. (2005). Characterization of α-cordierite glass-ceramics from fly ash. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 120 (1-3), 265-269. DOI:10.1016/j. jhazmat.2004.10.028.[Crossref]
- 6. Kusnierova, M., Prascakova, M., Matysek, D., Cablik, V. & Jarosinski, A. (2010). Black coal fly ash as the Si-Al matrix for the heat proof materials preparation. Mineralia Slovaca, 42 (3), 323-328.
- 7. Hankyr, V. & Kutzendorfer, J. (2008). Technology of ceramics. Silica society, Praha, 387, [in Czech].
- 8. Jung, J.S., Park, H.C. & Stevens, R. (2001). Mullite ceramics derived from coal fly ash. Journal of Materials Science Letters, 20 (12), 1089-1091. DOI: 10.1023/A:1010934728570.[Crossref]
- 9. Mukhopadhyay, T.K., Ghosh, S., Ghosh, J., Ghatak, S. & Maiti, H.S. (2010). Effect of fly ash on the physico-chemical and mechanical properties of a porcelain composition. Ceramics International, 36 (3), 1055-1062. DOI:10.1016/j. ceramint.2009.12.012.[Crossref]
- 10. Gregerova, M. (2004). Technolithology, Institute of geological Sciences, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University Brno, 74.
Publication order reference