Influence of the unsaturated photoinitiators kind on the properties of uv-crosslinkable acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesives
Languages of publication
UV-crossinkable pressure-sensitive adhesives (PSA) materials are called, in the adhesives trade photoreactive self-adhesive. UV-crosslinkable PSAs are designed after the UV-initiated crosslinking reaction to stick to almost any surface by a simple contact under light pressure. This special class of adhesives does not undergo any physical transformation or chemical reaction during the bonding process. Because of the rheological properties the adhesive must be fi nely tuned for the application, combining a carefully chosen polymer architecture and monomer composition with the proper addition of small additives called photoinitiators. The best way is using the unsaturated copolymerizable photoinitiators and their direct incorporation into polymer chain during the polymerization process. Progress in the coating technology and the development of novel photoreactive acrylic adhesives will open the door to new applications and an extended market penetration of UV-crosslinkable acrylic adhesive raw materials containing unsaturated copolymerizable photoinitiators incorporated into the polymer backbone. Photoreactive UV-crosslinkable acrylic PSA are characterized by good tack, good adhesion, excellent cohesion and very low shrinkage.
1 - 10 - 2012
31 - 10 - 2012
- 1. Czech, Z., (1999). Crosslinking of pressure-sensitive adhesivesbased on acrylics, Poland: Szczecin University of Technology.
- 2. Benedek, I., (2006). Developments in pressure-sensitive products, USA: Istvan Benedek, Taylor & Francis a CRC Press Book.
- 3. Wicks, Z.W., Jones, F.N., Pappas, S.P. & Wicks, D.A., (2007). Organic coatings, USA: Wiley, New Jersey.
- 4. Czech, Z. & Butwin, A. (2010). Replacement of UV-crosslinkable acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesives hotmelts by warmmelts and low viscosity systems cotable at room temperature: 35. Munich Adhesives and Finishing Symposium, 25-27 October 2010 (pp. 167-177), Munich, Germany.
- 5. Czech, Z., Kowalczyk, A., Kabatc, J. & Świderska, J., (2012). UV-crosslinkable acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesives for industrial application, Polym. Bull., in press , DOI 10.1007/ s00289-012-0725-y.[WoS][Crossref]
- 6. Creton, C.; (2003). Pressure−sensitive adhesives: A introductory course. Material Research Society Bulletin, June (pp. 434−439).
- 7. Czech, Z., (2004). Development of solvent-free pressure- -sensitive acrylics, Int. J. Adhes. Adhes., 24 , 119-125, DOI: 10.1016/j.ijadhadh.2003.07.001.[Crossref]
- 8. Czech, Z., Butwin, A. & Ortyl, J. (2010). Ecological solvent- free photoreactive pressure-sensitive adhesives based on acrylics: 4th International seminar Modern Polymeric Meterials for Emvironmental Applications, 1-3 December 2010 (pp. 61-72), Krakow, Poland.
- 9. Czech, Z. & Butwin, A., (2010). UV-crosslinkable warm- -melt pressure-sensitive adhesives based on acrylics, Pol. J. Chem.Technol. 12 (4), 59-62, DOI: 10.2478/v10026-010-0051-9.[WoS][Crossref]
- 10. Czech, Z., Butwin, A. & Kabatc, J. (2011). Photoreactive UV-crosslinkable acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesives containing type-II photoinitiators, Eur. Polym. J. 47, 225-229, DOI: 10.1016/j. eurpolymj.2010.11.002.[Crossref][WoS]
- 11. Czech, Z. & Butwin, A., (2011). Development of photoreactive UV-crosslinkable solvent-free acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesives coated at room temperature and used for removable and repositionable self-adhesives materials, Pol. J. Chem. Technol., 13, (1), 31-34, DOI: 10.2478/v10026-011-0006-9.[WoS][Crossref]
- 12. Czech, Z. & Kowalczyk, A. (2011). Adhesives: Types, Mechanics and Applications, J.S. Doyle and R.C.O`Quinn (Eds.), Pressure-sensitive adhesives (pp. 47-69), Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
- 13. Czech, Z., Kowalczyk, A. & Świderska, J. (2011). Quality Control,,I. Akyar, Publisher InTech (Eds), Pressure-sensitive adhesivesfor medical applications (pp. 309-332).
- 14. Czech, Z. & Kurzawa, R. (2007). Acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesives for transdermal drug delivery systems, J. Appl. Polym.Sci. 106, 2398-2404, DOI: 10.1002/app.26751.[Crossref]
- 15. Czech, Z., Wróblewska, A., Meissner, E. & Kurzawa, R. (2007). Pressure-sensitive adhesives for transdermal drug delivery systems, Conference: Surfactants and dispersant systems in theory and practice (Surfaktanty i układy zdyspergowane w teorii i praktyce) SURUZ, May 22-24 (pp. 443-446), Książ, Poland
- 16. Tauber, A., Scherzer, T., Weiss I. & Mehnert, R. (2002), Waterborne acrylic - epoxy coatings, J. Coating Technol., 74, 41−47, DOI: 10.1007/BF02720162. [Crossref]
Publication order reference