Uncertainty analysis of the kinetic model of natural gas combustion in IC Engine
Languages of publication
The purpose of this analysis is to determine the uncertainties originating due to the kinetic parameters of the rate of a reaction proposed kinetic model. A kinetic model consisting of 208 reaction steps and 73 species was adopted for analysis. In the required uncertainty analysis, the accuracy of approximate models, generated by the Chemkin 4.1.1 for pollutant species, is determined. The reactions which contribute the uncertainty in the output concentrations of the pollutnats species formed in the combustion chamber were identified. The percentage contribution to the uncertainty in the output concentrations of pollutants were also determined.
1 - 1 - 2012
3 - 4 - 2012
- Rabitz, H., Kramer, M. & Dacol, D. (1983). Sensitivity analysis in chemical kinetics. Annals of Rev. Phys. Chem. 34, 419-461.[Crossref]
- Turianyi, T. (1990) Sensitivity analysis of complex kinetic systems: tools and applications. J. Math. Chem. 5, 203-248.[Crossref]
- Radhakrishnan, K. (1990). Numerical approaches to combustion modelling. In Progress in Astronautics and Aeronautics, vol. 135, pp. 83-128, eds Oran E. S., and Boris J. P. AIAA, Washington.
- Radhakrishnan, K. (1987). Advances in Computer Methods for Partial Differential Equations - VI, eds Vichnevetsky R., Stepleman R. S. IMACS, New Brunswick, NJ,.
- Tomlin, AS., Turaanyi, T. & Pilling, M. J. (1997). Mathematical tools for the construction, investigation and reduction of combustion mechanisms. In: Pilling, M. J. (Ed.), Oxidation Kinetics and Autoignition of Hydrocarbons. Elsevier, Amsterdam, pp. 293-437.
- Battin, F., Leclerc, R., Bounaceur, GM., Côme, R., Fournet, P. A., Glaude, G., Scacchi, & Warth, V. (2004). EXGAS User's Guide, Department of Chemical Physical Reaction, NANCY, Cedex, France.
- Mansha, M., Saleemi, A. R., Javed, S. H., & Nadeem Feroz, (2011). Analysis of a Detailed Kinetic Model of Natural Gas Combustion in IC Engine, Pol. J. Chem. Tech., 13 (1), 6-15.
Publication order reference