Polyolefin oxo-degradation accelerators - a new trend to promote environmental protection
Languages of publication
The paper presents the results of the tests on the preparation of iron (III) stearate - the most prominent oxo-biodegradation agent for polyolefinic plastics. The process chosen for testing was the double precipitation process, using stearic acid alkalised with soda lye and iron (III) chloride or iron (III) sulphate. A number of iron (III) stearate preparation methods described in the literature were tested and an analytical procedure for monitoring the process was developed using both the classical and instrumental techniques. FTIR spectroscopy is the most useful technique for the product quality control and identification. During the study the characteristics of the proper product were also determined using the DSC methods. Microscopy and laser diffraction particle size analysis were applied to determine the size of the precipitated product grains. An application sample of the product obtained by the double decomposition method from iron (III) sulphate as the iron carrier has successfully passed the application tests in the polyethylene packaging film.
1 - 1 - 2010
28 - 12 - 2010
- Florjańczyk, Z. (2009). Synhetic and natural polymers in modern polymer materials. Polimery 54(10), 691-705.
- Gierucki, Ł. (2008, September). Film package - it's the end? D2W-ecological package of the future, from
- Wasiak, W. (2009, September). Market package in Poland 2009, from
- Gibas, E., Rymarz, G., Zawadiak, J. & Marek, A. (2009). Modification of polymers. Condition and perspectives in 2009 r. Wrocław 20-23 September 2009. Annexe Publishers Wrocław University of Technology, 175-178.
- Gibas, E. & Rymarz, G. (2008). Oxy-biodegradable thermoplastic polymers in production of eco-friendly plastic. Chemik 61(11), 627-631.
- Kumar, P. et al. (2009). Nanoscale particles for polymer degradation and stabilization-Trends and future perspectives. Progress in Polymer Science 34(6), 479 / 515. DOI:10.1016/j.progpolymsci.2009.01.002.[WoS][Crossref]
- Rydarowski, H. & Czaplicka, K. (2009, June). Screenplays selection of technological progress of polymers materials. from
- Kuciel, S., Liber-Kneć, A. & Zajchowski, S. (2009). Biocomposites based on thermoplastic starch or polylactide/starch blends as the matrices filled with natural fibers. Polimery 54(10), 747-753.
- Gibas, E. & Rymarz, G. (2009). Investigation on the influence of prodegradant kind of polyethylene (LDPE) oxodegradation. Chemik 62(10), 379-381.
- Herng-Dar Hwu, T. et al. (1995). U. S. Patent No. 5,434,277. Washington, D. C.: U. S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Biron, M. (2009, July). Industralisation of Suistainable Solution: Modyfication and Blending of Bioplastic, from
- Stadler, U. (2001). Impact of Stabilization Additiveson the Controlled Degradation of Polypropylene, Polyolefins. Revelling in Reference: Reference and Information Services Section Symphosium, 2001; 25-28.02.2001 Houston, TX The International Conference on Polyolefins.
- Roy, P. K., Surekha, P., Rajagopal, C., Chatterjee, S. N. & Choudhary, V. (2006). Effect of cobalt carboxylates on the photo-oxidative degradation of low-density polyethylene. Part-I. Polymer Degradation and Stability 90(9) 1980-1988. DOI:10.1016/j.polymdegradstab.2006.02.007.[Crossref]
- Roy, P. K., Surekha, P., Raman, R. & Rajagopal, C. (2009). Investigating the role of metal oxidation state on the degradation behavior of LDPE. Polymer Degradation and Stability 94(7), 1033-1039. DOI:10.1016/j.polymdegradstab.2009.04.025.[Crossref]
- Olson, H. M. (1963). U. S. Patent No. 3,078,288. Washington, D. C.: U. S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Roy, P. K., Surekha, P., Rajagopal, C. & Choudhary, V. (2007). Comparative Effects of Cobalt Carboxylates on the Thermo-Oxidative Degradation of LDPE Films. Journal of Applied Polymer Science 103(6), 3758-3765. DOI: 10.1002/app.26630.[Crossref]
- Żakowska, H. (2007). Ecological commercial bags. Package no 62(11),16-21.
- Kirk-Othmer (2000). Chemical Technology Encyclopedia. (4th ed.) Wiley-VCH, vol. 8, 217-222.
- Sanderson, R. D., Pasch H. & Meisel I. (2002). Polymer Characterization and Materials Science. Wiley-VCH, 2002.
- Eyenga, I.I, Focke, W. W., Prinsloo, L. C. & A. T. Tolmay, A T. (2002). Photo degradation: A Solution for the Shopping Bag Visual Pollution" Problem?" Macromol. Symp. 178, 139-152 DOI:10.1002/1521-3900(200202)178:1<139::AIDMASY139>3.0.CO;2-I.[Crossref]
- Clendinning, R. A., Potts, J. E. & Cornell, S. W. (1975). U. S. Patent No. 3 921 333. Washington, D. C.: U. S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Publication order reference