Analysis of sodium tripolyphosphate production processes with a cumulative calculation method
Languages of publication
Sodium tripolyphosphate - one of the condensed phosphates is an important ingredient in various types of cleaning substances and a food additive. The paper presents a comparison of different variants of STPP production with the application of the cumulative calculation method. The material balances of the processes were taken as the basis of the analysis. The method of the process analysis as shown in the cumulative calculation determines the influence of the emissions of dust and gas pollutions originating from a particular production process, as well as wastewater and solid wastes resulting from it, upon the natural environment. It was proved that the solution of the production STPP with the dry one-step method has the lowest impact on the environment among the three assessed solutions.
1 - 1 - 2010
28 - 12 - 2010
- Wzorek, Z. (2002). Operational properties of sodium tripoliphosphate. Czasopismo Techniczne, Chemia Z. 3-Ch, 67-73 (in Polish).
- Makara, A. & Wzorek, Z. (2009) Preparation of sodium tripolyphosphate from concentrated phosphoric acid by one-stage method. Przem. Chem, 88, 4, 375-379 (in Polish).
- Banach, M., Kowalski, Z., Wzorek, Z., & Gorazda, K. (2009). A chemical method of the production of "heavy" sodium tripolyphosphate with the high content of Form I or Form II, Pol. J. Chem. Tech., 11(2), 13-20. DOI: 10.2478/v10026-009-0018-x.[Crossref]
- Gollinger-Tarajko, M. (2002). Ecological and economic assessment methods of technological processes modernization on the example of chromium and phosphorus compounds production. Kraków, Poland,: Wydawnictwo Akademii Ekonomicznej (in Polish).
- Gollinger-Tarajko, M., & Kowalski, Z. (2000). Calculation of toxicity coefficient for the method of process analysis with the use of cumulative calculus. Czasopismo Techniczne, Chemia Z. 3Ch, 53-69 (in Polish).
- Kijowska, R., Kowalski, Z., Gorazda, K., Wzorek, Z., Pawłowska-Kozińska, D., Banach, M., & Marjankowska, A. (2008). Report from realization of research project No 3T09/B07328, The new technological solutions of sodium tripoliphosphate and sodium pyrophosphate production processes. Task V and VI. Unpublished, Kraków, Poland (in Polish).
- Kowalski, Z., & Kulczycka, J. (2004). Cleaner production as a basic element for the sustainable development strategy. Pol. J. Chem. Tech. 6(4), 35-40.
- Nowak, Z. (ed.). (2000). System of Environment Management by Cleaner Production and its preparing for certification among ISO 14001. Basis and practical advices. Polish Centre of Cleaner Production, Katowice, Poland (in Polish).
Publication order reference