New arylhydrazonothiazolidin-5-one disperse dyes for dyeing polyester fibers
Languages of publication
A series of new thiazolidin-5-one disperse dyes was synthesized from the reactions of 2-substituted 3-phenylthiazolidinones with various aryldiazonium chlorides. The synthesized dyes were characterized by UV-visible absorption, IR, NMR and MS spectroscopy. The dyes gave orange to reddish-violet shades with very good depth on polyester fibers. The dyed fabrics show moderate to good fastness to light and very good to excellent fastness to washing and perspiration. Also, the assessment of color coordinates was discussed.
1 - 1 - 2010
8 - 4 - 2010
- Mogilaiah, K., Rao, R. B. & Sudhakar, G. R. (2001). Synthesis and antibacterial activity of some new 1,8-naphthyridinyl-4-thiazolidinones. Indian J. Chem. 40 (4) 336 - 338.
- Aydogan, F., Öcal, N., Turgut, Z. & Yolacan, C. (2001). Transformations of aldimines derived from pyrrole-2-carbaldehyde: Synthesis of thiazolidino-fused compounds. Bull. Korean Chem. Soc. 22, 476 - 480.
- Cesur, N., Cesur, Z., Ergenc, N., Uzun, M., Kiraz, M., Kasimoglu, O. & Kaya, D. (1994). Synthes and antifungal activity of some 2-aryl-3-substituted 4-thiazolidinones. Arch. Pharm. (Weinheim) 327, 271 - 272.
- Karali, N. & Gursoy, A. (1994). Synthesis and antocovulsant activity of some new thiosemicabazone and 4-thiazolidone derivatives bearing an isatin moiety. IL Farmaco. 49, 819 - 822.
- Gursoy, A. & Karali, N. (1995). Synthesis and anticonvulsant activity of new acylthiosemicarbazides and thiazolidones. IL Farmaco. 50, 857 - 866.
- Metwally, M. A., Abdel-Latif, E. & Amer, F. A. (2001). New 4-arylazo-2- (substituted)-3- phenyl-1,3- thiazolidin-5-ones as disperse dyes part 1. J. Text. Assoc. Nov-Dec, 155 - 159.
- Metwally, M. A., Abdel-Latif, E. & Amer, F. A. (2002). New 4-arylazo-2-bromo-2-(α-bromosubstituted)-3- phenyl-1,3- thiazolidin-5-ones dyes for dyeing polyester fabrics part 2. J. Text. Assoc. Nov-Dec, 149 - 154.
- Metwally, M. A., Etman, H. A., Gafer, H. E. & Khalil, A. M. (2004). New disperse dyes derived 1,3- thiazolidin-4- ones and 5- ones for dyeing polester fabrics. Adv. Color. Sci. Technology 7(3), 71 - 78.
- Standard methods for the determination of the color fastness of textiles and leather. (1990). (5th ed.). Bradford: SDC.
- Jones, R., Ryan, A. J., Sternhills, S. & Wright, S. E. (1963). The structures of some 5-pyrazolones and derived 4-arylazo-5-pyrazolones. Tetrahedron, 19, 1497 - 1507.[Crossref]
- Yasuda, H. (1969). Infrared analysis of 2-pyrazolin-5- one derivatives. Appl. Spectroscopy. 23 (1), 22 - 29.[Crossref]
- SDL. Atlas Ltd. P. O. Box 162, Crown Royal, Shawcross St., Stockport SK1 3JW.
- Müller, C. (1970). Recent developments in the chemistry of disperse dyes and their intermediate. American Dyestuff reporter March 1970 (37 - 44).
Publication order reference