Assesment of the usability of Mg(OH)2 obtained from the solution after sphalerite leaching for the winning of polyetylene composition
Languages of publication
In this work obtaining of magnesium hydroxide from the solutions obtained during magnesium removal from zinc concentrates is presented. The received product was used for the winning of composites from polyethylene (PE) using extrusion and injection methods. The obtained composites were tested in terms of thermal stability (TG, DTG) as well as combustibility (LOI and thermovision camera). The preliminary results indicate the beneficial effect of the decrease of PE quality by magnesium hydroxide obtained by means of solution purification and precipitation of Mg(OH)2 by means of soda lye.
1 - 1 - 2008
7 - 1 - 2009
- Szołomicki, Z. (1995). Chemical treatment of zinc concentrate, I Międzynarodowa Konferencja Przeróbki Kopalin, 14-17 Listopad 1995, Zakopane, Polska, (in Polish).
- Janus, I. (2002). Economical review of flotation of waste storage. Chemical Works, Przedsiębiorstwo Handlowo - Usługowe "OŚ" s.c., Bytom, (in Polish).
- Kowalski, Z., Żelazny, S. & Włodarczyk, B. (2003). Conception reuse of waste solution from remove of magnesium from concentrate for magnesium sulfate production, Gospodarka Surowcami Mineralnymi, t 19, zeszyt specjalny, Wyd. IGSMiE PAN, Kraków, Polska, (in Polish).
- Urbanowicz, M. & Starowicz, M. (2004). Remove test of magnesium compounds from water waste generated after remove of magnesium from zinc concentrate, Praca Magisterska, Politechnika Krakowska, Kraków, Polska, (in Polish).
- Kozak A., Fela K, Żelazny S. & Jarosiński A. (2004). Remove of heavy metals from waste solution generated in enrichment of zinc and lead ores, VIII Konferencja "Recyklace Odpadu", 8-11 November 2004 (pp.37-42). Ostrawa, Czechy (in Polish).
- Liu, P. & Guo, J. (2007). Organo-modified magnesium hydroxide nano-needle and its polystyrene nanocomposite. J. Nanopart. Res. 9(4), 669-673. DOI: 10.1007/s11051-006-9079-4.[Crossref]
- Li, Z. & Qu, B. (2003). Flammability characterization and synergistic effects of expandable graphite with magnesium hydroxide in halogen-free flame-retardant EVA blends. Polym. Degrad. Stab. 81(3), 401-408. DOI: 10.1016/S0141-3910(03)00123-X.[Crossref]
- Pielichowski, K. & Njuguna, J. (2005). Thermal Degradation of Polymeric Materials. Shawbury, UK: Rapra.
- Grand, A. F. & Wilkie, C. A. (2000). Fire Retardancy of Polymeric Materials. New York, USA: Marcel Dekker.
- Vyazovkin, S. & Dranca, I. (2004). A DSC study of α- and β-relaxations in a PS-clay system. J. Phys. Chem. B. 108, 11981-11987. DOI: 10.1021/jp048702o.[Crossref]
Publication order reference