Purification of sphalerite concentrate in the chemical and flotation way
Languages of publication
In this paper the results of the investigation of magnesium removal, from zinc concentrate derived from zinc-lead ore enrichment plant, have been presented. The characteristics of the initial concentrate and the occurrence forms of dolomite in this material are estimated. It was found that magnesium is collected in the finest fraction of the initial material. The influence of chemical treatment and flotation on the quality improvement of zinc concentrate is determined. This method permits to obtain zinc concentrate containing below 0,3% Mg and about 0,7% Ca.
1 - 1 - 2008
7 - 1 - 2009
- Sanak-Rydlewska, S. & Małysa, E. (1996). Purification of zinc blende concentrates by chemical flotation treatment to remove magnesium, Archiev of Metallurgy, 41, 435-440.
- Małysa, E. & Sanak-Rydlewska, S. (1999), Application of chemical methods in processing of zinc-lead ores, New trends in mineral Processing III, Part II VSB-TU 24-26 Jule 1999 (pp. 367-373). Ostrava, Czechy.
- Jarosiński, A. & Fela, K. (2007). Application of sulphuric acid leaching for magnesium removal from zinc concentrate, Polish Journal of Chemical Technology, 9, 2, 19-22.
- Jarosiński, A. & Madejska, L. (2007). Magnesium removal from Raw zinc concentrates by leaching, Polish J. of Environmental Studies, 16, 3B, 196-199.
- Jarosiński, A. & Włodarczyk, B. (2005). Timely trends of gain of zinc and lead concentrates in home industry, Zeszyty Naukowe Politechniki Śląskiej s. Górnictwo, 266, 45-55 (in Polish).
- Cichy, K., Szołomicki, Z. & Reguła, C. (2007). New technology in enrichment of zinc and lead ores in "Bolesław" factory, Rudy Metale, 52, 10, 595-600 (in Polish).
- Riesenkampf, W. & Hamankiewicz, M. (1981). Occur native of dolomite in sphalerite concentrate, Prace Mineralogiczne PAN nr 70, Wyd. Geologiczne, Warszawa, Polska (in Polish).
Publication order reference