Evaluation of waters environment hazard by pulp-mill liquors
Languages of publication
Pulp-mill waste is very noxious for the primary wood production. The problems of its manageability are correlated with its volume and a considerable degree of pollutions, mainly the organic ones, coming from wood processing. The other main components of waste material are aggressive reagents liberating the cellulose fibers, during washing, classification and the benediction processes. The results of environmental studies covering the superficial water of the pulp-mill impact were presented. The production process factors were assessed owing to the waste concentration and distribution in the water race.
1 - 1 - 2008
7 - 1 - 2009
- European Commission, Sewilla (2001): Reference Dokument on Best Available Techniques (BAT) in the Pulp and Paper Industry - Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC) Ministerstwo Środowiska, Warszawa (2004) (
- Michniewicz, M. (Ed.) (2005): Best Available Techniques (BAT. Guidelines for the Pulp and Paper Branch, Ministerstwo Środowiska, Warszawa (http://ippc.mos.gov.pl/BAT).
- Michniewicz, M., Malinowski, E. (2006). Determinants and limitations of industry growth connected with environmental protection requirement (in Polish). Przegl. Papiern. 6, 322-324.
- Jagiełła, A., Michniewicz M. & Ledakowicz, S. (2005). Influence of ozonation on lignin compounds degradation in pulp and paper effluents (in Polish). Przegl. Papiern. 3, 166-170.
- Kopania, E. & Wandelt, P. (2006). Selective delignification and TCF bleaching of high-yield kraft pine pulp with use of activated hydrogen peroxid (in Polish). Przegl. Papiern. 12, 717-721.
- Michniewicz, M., Jagiełła, A. & Ledakowicz, S. (2005). Resin acids degradation by ozon and other oxidizing agents (in Polish). Przegl. Papiern. 10, 620-623.
- Rulewska, M. (2006). Puriffication and in-house monitoring of pulp-mill liquors in Mondi Packing Paper Świecie S. A. (in Polish). Przegl. Papiern. 11, 639-640.
- Fornalski, Z. (2007). Production and consumption of paper and cardboard in Poland 2006 on background of European countries (in Polish). Przegl. Papiern. 9, 509-513.
- Janiga, M., Michniewicz, M., Sokół, A. & Żubrzak, M. (2006) Situation of polish paper industry in view of BAT (in Polish). Przegl. Papiern. 2, 95-103.
Publication order reference