Investigation of aerosol dispersion in fibrous filters
Languages of publication
Fractional penetration through four fibrous filters was determined experimentally at various air velocities. To describe the data obtained for multilayer sets of filters composed of up to nine layers of the same filter, the axial dispersion model was applied. This model predicts a non-exponential decrease of aerosol penetration with a filter thickness increase. The dispersion model contains two parameters, λ and Dx, which were evaluated on the basis of the experimental data. For the first time ever the axial dispersion coefficients, Dx, in fibrous filters were determined.
1 - 1 - 2008
3 - 4 - 2008
- Podgórski, A. (2002). On the Transport, Deposition and Filtration of Aerosol Particles in Fibrous Filters: Selected Problems. Warsaw, Poland: Publishing House of the Warsaw University of Technology.
- Buyuktas, D., Wallender W. W. (2004). Dispersion in spatially periodic porous media. Heat and Mass Transfer. 40, 261-270.
- Lee, C. K., Sun, C. & Mei, C. (1996). Computation of permeability and dispersivities of solute or heat in periodic porous media. Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer. 39(4), 661 - 676.
- Koch, D. L., Cox, R. G., Brenner, H. & Brady, J. F. (1989). The effect of order on dispersion in porous media. J. Fluid Mech. 200, 173 - 188.
- Podgórski, A. (1999). Selected Problems in the Modelling of Aerosol Filtration in Fibrous Filters. In: Electret Filters, Production and Properties (Stenhouse, J. I.T., Gradoń, L. & Marijnissen, J. C.M., Eds.). Delft University Press, Delft. 95 - 106.
- Bałazy, A. (2006). Aerosol Filtration in Fibrous Filters: Submicrometer and Nano-Sized Particles, Bioaerosols and Fractal-Like Aggregates. Doctoral dissertation, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland.
- Koch, D. L. & Brady, J. F. (1986). The Effective Diffusivity of Fibrous Media, AIChE J. 32(4), 575 - 591.[Crossref]
Publication order reference