Optimization of chemical aids in the process of deinking sludge thickening
Languages of publication
The authors have analyzed a modern technological line of the latest chemicals for the recovered paper processing and de-inking in terms of reducing the amount of wastes arising during the production. The authors have also investigated the effectiveness of selected chemical aids (coagulants and flocculants) supporting the process of sludge dewatering. 12 different types of flocculants were tested. The best chemical agent was selected as well as its optimal dosage. The highest dynamics of sludge dewatering improvement (expressed by the dewatering time under standard conditions) was observed with the ECR3 agent dosage of 6 - 6.5 kg per tonne of the absolutely dry sludge. Long-term analyses of the tested line have proved that the retention aid and its dosage were selected correctly.
1 - 12 - 2007
30 - 1 - 2008
- Au, C. O., Thorn, I.: Applications of Wet End Chemistry, Blackie Academic and Professional, 1995.
- Przybysz K., Rybicki E., Czechowski J.: Electrokinetic Potential Studies of Dissolved Substances Washed Out in the Papermaking Process, Fibers and Textiles in Eastern Europe, 2002, 65 10.
- Koppermuller J.: Modern recycled fibers' preparation for packaging papers, Wochenbl. Papierfabr. 1995, 26 123.
- Doshi M., Dyer J. M.: Paper Recycling Challenge, vol. 3 - Process Technology, Doshi and Associates Inc. 1998.
- Czechowski J., Olejnik K.: "Ocena odpadów z linii technologicznej przerobu makulatury z uwzględnieniem zawartości metali ciężkich" Przemysł Chemiczny 2003, 82 1121.
Publication order reference