Surface characterization of different particles arising as a result of coal combustion process in selected power plants from Central Poland using ToF-SIMS
Languages of publication
The aim of this work was the ToF-SIMS investigations of different particles arising as a result of a coal combustion process in selected power plants from Central Poland. The chemical composition and distribution of particular compounds on the studied surfaces were determined. Moreover, the ratio of the quantity of aromatic and aliphatic hydrocarbons adsorbed on the surface of the particles was estimated. A qualitative analysis of the studied samples demonstrated the presence of a big number of various compounds, including heavy metals such as Pb, Cd and As on the investigated surfaces. In the prevailing number sample components were distributed non-homogenously on the surface and the larger areas richer in a certain type of ions were observed.
1 - 12 - 2007
30 - 1 - 2008
- Ham R., Adriaens A., Prati P., Zucchiatti A., Vaeck L., Adams F. Static secondary ion mass spectrometry as a new analytical tool for measuring atmospheric particles on insulating substrates, Atmos. Environ., 2002, 36, 899.
- Peterson R. E., Tyler B. J. Analysis of organic and inorganic species on the surface of atmospheric aerosol using time-of-flight secondary ion mass spectrometry (TOFSIMS), Atmos. Environ., 2002, 36, 6041.
- Zheng J., Tana M., Shibatab Y., Tanakab A., Li Y., Yuanmao G., Zhang Y., Shanc Z. Characteristics of lead isotope ratios and elemental concentrations in PM10 fraction of airborne particulate matter in Shanghai after the phaseout of leaded gasoline, Atmos. Environ., 2004, 38, 1191.
- Tomiyasu B., Hoshi T., Owari M., Nihei Y. TOF-SIMS measurements for toxic air pollutants adsorbed on the surface of airborne particles, Appl. Surf. Sci., 2003, 203 - 204, 775.
- Oishi S., Shirahase M., Sado M., Oiwa R. 2003. Analysis of condensation dusts from the heavy oil combustion using TOF-SIMS, Appl. Surf. Sci., 2003, 203 - 204, 772.
- Wierzbicka A., Lillieblad L., Pagels J., Strand M., Gudmundsson A., Gharibi A., Swietlicki E., Sanati M., Bohgard M. Particle emissions from district heating units operating on three commonly used biofuels, Atmos. Environ., 2005, 39, 139.
- Ham R., Adriaens A., Vaeck L., Adams F., TOF-SIMS, a new versatile technique for the analysis of environmental aerosols, J. Aerosol Sci., 2000, 31, 396.
- Hagenhoff B., High Resolution Surface Analysis by TOF-SIMS, Microchim. Acta, 2000, 132, 259-271.
- Vickerman J. C., Briggs D., (Eds.), TOF-SIMS Surface Analysis by Mass, IM Publications and SurfaceSpectra Limited, Chichester, 2001.
Publication order reference