Granulated organic and mineral fertilizers: Technology and utility properties
Languages of publication
This work presents the selected aspects of a technological concept for the production of organic and mineral fertilizers from communal sludge stabilized with volatile ash, by using two methods of granulation: coating and pressure. The presented concept is the effect of optimization, taking into account an interference of a number of factors exerted onto the fertilizing values and the mechanical strength of the final products. The fertilizers (contain ash from brown coal) obtained according to that method are characterized by a sufficient (according to law) content of organic matter (35,73% w/w), total nitrogen (1,70% w/w), phosphorus P2 O5 (3,62% w/w) and after the modification, also potassium K2O (8,43% w/w). The mechanical properties are better for the granulates, prepared by using pressure granulation (15,1 kG/cm2) and allow for their transportation, storage and application.
1 - 12 - 2007
30 - 1 - 2008
- Prętnicka K.: Review of agricultural utilization of by-products of burning (in Polish), Proceedings of VIII International Conference "Ashes from Power Engineering", Międzyzdroje, 2001, 227 - 243.
- Siuta J.: Land Reclamation (in Polish), Institute of Environmental Protection, Warszawa, 1998.
- Siuta J.: Natural using of sewage sludges (in Polish), Ekoinżynieria, 1995, 2 10 - 14.
- Rosik-Dulewska Cz.: The hygienization of sewage sludges by the mineral waste materials (in Polish), Proceedings of VI Polish Scientic - Technical Symposium "Enviromental Biotechnology", Wrocław, 1999, 203 - 212.
- Robak J., Kubica K.: Elaboration of procedures for technological evaluation of fine-grained materials compacting processes (in Polish), Documents of IChPW 2001, unpublished report.
- Kubica K., Robak Z., Robak J.: Granulated auxiliary materials for metallurgy in IChPW investigations (in Polish), Archive of Foundry, 4, 13, 2004, 145 - 150.
- Journal of Laws of Republic of Poland No 134, point 1140, 2002.
- Journal of Laws of Republic of Poland No 236, point 2369, 2004.
- PN-75/C - 04646.1 Water and wastewater. Special tests of sludges. Determination of contents of water, dry matter, organic and mineral substances in sludge
- PN-75/C- 04576.17 Water and wastewater. Examination of nitrogen compounds contents. Determination of total nitrogen by the Kjeldahl's method in sludge
- PN-75/C-04537 Water and wastewater. Examination of contents of phosphorus compounds. Determination of total phosphates in sewage sludge
- PN-G-04528-10:1998 Solid fuels. Determination of ash chemical composition. Determination of sodium dioxide (Na2O) and potassium dioxide (K2O)
- Rumpf H.: Grundlagen und Methoden des Granulierens, Chemie Ingenieur Technik, 1998, 70 6, 599 - 624.
- Pietsch W.: Systematische Entwicklung von Verfahren zur Kornvergrößerung durch Agglomerieren, Chemie Ingenieur Technik, 2002, 74 11, 1517 - 1530.[Crossref]
Publication order reference