Comparison of the methods of the phase transfer catalysis and hydroperoxide in the epoxidation of 1,5,9-cyclododecatriene
Languages of publication
The process of the epoxidation of cis, trans, trans-1,5,9-cyclododecatriene (CDT) to 1,2-epoxy-5,9-cyclododecadiene (ECDD) with the 30% aqueous hydrogen peroxide under the phase transfer conditions and with tert-butyl hydroperoxide under the homogeneous conditions was investigated. Onium salts such as Aliquat® 336, Arquad® 2HT, methyltrioctylammonium bromide and the Na2WO4/H3PO4 catalyst system are very active under the phase transfer catalysis (PTC) conditions for the selective epoxidation of cis, trans, trans-1,5,9-cyclododecatiene (PTC method). These catalytic systems were found to be as active and selective as the homogeneous phase system Mo(CO)6/TBHP (hydroperoxide method).
1 - 1 - 2007
6 - 11 - 2007
- Brégeault J. -M.: Transition-metal complexes for liquid-phase catalytic oxidation: some aspects of industrial reactions and of emerging technologies, Dalton Transl., 2003, 3289.
- Choudary B. M., Kantam M. L., Santhi P. L.: New and ecofriendly options for the production of specialty and fine chemicals, Catal. Today, 2000, 57, 17.[Crossref]
- Sheldon R. A.: Selective catalytic synthesis of fine chemicals: opportunities and trends, J. Mol. Catal. A: Chem., 1996, 107, 75.[Crossref]
- Grigoropoulou G., Clark J. H., Elingsb J. A.: Recent developments on the epoxidation of alkenes using hydrogen peroxide as an oxidant, Green Chem., 2003, 5, 1.[Crossref]
- Venturello C., Alneri E., Ricci M.: A new effective catalytic system for epoxidation of olefins by hydrogen peroxide under phase-transfer conditions, J. Org. Chem., 1983, 48, 3831.[Crossref]
- Venturello C., D'Aloisio R.: Quaternary ammonium tetrakis(diperoxotungsto)-phosphate(3-) as a new class of catalysts for efficient alkene epoxidation with hydrogen peroxide, J. Org. Chem., 1988, 53, 1553.[Crossref]
- Ishii Y., Yamawaki K., Ura T., Yamada H., Yoshida T., Ogawa M.: Hydrogen peroxide oxidation catalyzed by heteropoly acids combined with cetylpyridinium chloride: Epoxidation of olefins and allylic alcohols ketonization of alcohols and diols and oxidative cleavage of 1 2-diols and olefins, J. Org. Chem., 1988, 53, 3587.
- Arends I. W. C. E., Sheldon R. A.: Recent developments in selective catalytic epoxidations with H2O2, Topics Catal., 2002, 19, 133 - 141.[Crossref]
- Sharpless K. B., Verhoeven T. R.: Metal catalysed, highly selective oxygenation of olefins and acetylenes with tert-butyl hydroperoxide. Practical consideration and mechanisms, Aldrichim. Acta, 1979, 12, 63 - 74.
- Lewandowski G.: Epoxidation of (Z,E,E)-1,5,9-cyclododecatriene with aqueous hydrogen peroxide by the method of phase transfer catalysis (PTC), Annals of the Polish Chemical Society, Year 2005, v. II, 421.
- Wagner Ch. D., Smith R. D., Peters E. D.: Anal. Chem., 1974, 19, 976.
Publication order reference