Adsorption of 1,2-dichloropropane from aqueous solution
Languages of publication
In this study dependences of the adsorption equilibrium of 1,2-dichloropropane in aqueous solution for six activated carbons (A, AG, AG5, DTO, WD-ekstra, CWZ-22) and four polymeric adsorbents (XE-563, XE-572, XE-340, XE-348) were presented. All the adsorption isotherms onto activated carbons were described by the Freundlich equation. To analyze the isotherms on the polymeric adsorbents the Langmuir-Freundlich equation was used. It was found that in the low range of the concentrations the adsorptive properties of the activated carbons are reduced in the following direction DTO>WD-ekstra>CWZ-22>AG>A>AG5. Reducing the adsorptive properties of the polymeric adsorbents states was carried out in the following order: XE-340> XE-572>XE-563>XE-348. The adsorbents XE-340, XE-572 and XE-563 have much more higher adsorptive properties than the applied activated carbons. Lower adsorptive properties of XE-348 are the result of its high surface polarity.
1 - 1 - 2007
19 - 10 - 2007
- Milchert E.: Technologie produkcji chloropochodnych organicznych. Utylizacja odpadów. WUPS, Szczecin, 1997.
- Bembnowska A., Pełech R., Milchert E.: Adsorption from aqueous solutions of chlorinated organic compounds onto activated carbons. J. Colloid Interf. Sci.2003, 256, 276-282.
- Urano K. Yamamoto E., Tonegawa M., Fujite K.: Adsorption of chlorinated organic compounds on activated carbon from water. Wat. Res.1991, 25, 1459-1464.
- Pełech R., Milchert E., Wróbel R.: Adsorption dynamics of chlorinated hydrocarbons from multi-component aqueous solution onto activated carbon. J. Hazard. Mater.2006, 137, 1479-1487.
- Urano K., Koichi Y., Nakazawa Y.: Equilibria for adsorption of organic compounds on activated carbons in aqueous solutions. J. Colloid Interf. Sci.1981, 81, 477-485.
- Sohn S., Kim D.: Modification of Langmuir isotherm in solution systems-definition and utilization of concentration dependent factor. Chemosphere, 2005, 58, 115-123.
Publication order reference