The influence of the catalyst on the kinetics of ethyl metacrylate synthesis
Languages of publication
The synthesis of ethyl metacrylate in the liquid phase was studied. Tungstophosphoric and molybdophosphoric acids, which belong to heteropolyacids group, were used as a catalyst. The chemical compounds from this group are often utilized in the catalysis with regard to their activity and selectivity. The rate equations, reaction rate constants and equilibrium constants have been determined. The reaction order and the kinetic parameters of the kinetic relations were determined by the integral method. All rate equations are formulated with activities taking the non ideal effects of the compounds into consideration. It was found that the kinetics of the esterification of the presented reactions was non-elementary
1 - 1 - 2007
3 - 7 - 2007
- Lipin´ska-Łuczyn E., Perkowski J.: Analiza rynku monomerów metakrylowych, Przemysł Chemiczny, 1998, 77(10), 363.
- Izumi Y., Urabe K., Onaka M.: Zeolite, Clay and Heteropoly Acid in Organic Reactions Kodansha/VCH, Tokyo, 1992.
- Izumi Y.: Hydration/Hydrolysis by Solid Acids, Catalysis Today, 1997, 33, 371.
- Kozhevnikov I. V.: Heteropoly Acids and Related Compounds as Catalysts for Fine Chemical Synthesis, Catalysis Reviews - Science Engineering, 1995, 37(2), 311.[Crossref]
- Chen X., Xu Z., Okuhara T.: Liquid Phase Esterification of Acrylic Acid with 1-Butanol Catalyzed by Solid Acid Catalysts, Applied Catalysis, 1999, 180, 261
- Izumi Y., Hisano K., Hida T.: Acid Catalysis of Silica included Heteropolyacid in Polar Reaction Media, Applied Catalysis, 1999, 181, 277.
- Hu Ch., Hashimoto M., Okuhara T., Misono M.: Catalysis by Heteropoly Compounds. XXII. Reactions of Esters and Esterification Catalyzed by Heteropolyacids in a Homogeneous Liquid-Phase Effects of the Central Atom of Heteropolyanions Having Tungsten as the Addenda Atom, Journal of Catalysis, 1993, 143, 437.
- Witczak M., Grzesik M., Skrzypek J.: Kinetyka estryfikacji kwasu metakrylowego niższymi alkoholami alifatycznymi, Inżynieria Chemiczna i Procesowa, 2004, 25 (2), 321.
Publication order reference