Properties of solid dispersions of selected magnesium salts and the absorption process of Mg2+ ions in vitro
Languages of publication
The paper presents an application of phosphatidylcholine 45% (PC 45) and polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) in formulations of magnesium salts such as Mg(VitB6) and Mg(VitB6Arg) prepared by solid dispersion (SD) techniques. The evaluation of influence of the selected carriers on some physicochemical properties of solid dispersions and on the absorption process of Mg +2 ions in vitro were made. An infrared (IR) spectra study suggested creation of a hydrogen bond between the carriers and the examined magnesium salts. The results of the following thermal analysis: differential thermal analysis (DTA), thermogravimetry (TG), and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) showed that application of PVP into SD lower the temperature of the decomposition process. However, in the case of PC 45 into SD the characteristic thermal effects of higher temperatures were observed. Moreover, values of the enthalpy SD of decomposition process were decreased. The results of these studies on absorption process of Mg2+ ions in vitro showed the positive influence of the applied carriers on the partition coefficient values (log P) in the examined formulation.
1 - 1 - 2011
15 - 2 - 2012
- Bara M, Guiet-Bara A, Durlach J. Comparative experimental study of Mg lactate witamin B6 and their association on the permeability of a human membrane. 2. Effects on cellular and paracellular ionic transfer through isolated amniotic membrane. Magnes Res Dec.1998; 11 4: 259-270.
- Bara M, Guiet-Bara A, Durlach J. Association effects of vitamin B6 and various magnesium salts on pharmacological model: the human amniotic membrane. Magnes Res. 2000; 13 3:175-182.[PubMed]
- Chiou WL, Riegelman S. Pharmaceutical applications of solid dispersion systems. J. Pharm Sci. 1971b; 60: 1281 302.[PubMed][Crossref]
- De Souza MC, Walker A.F, Robinson PA, Bolland K. A synergestic effect of daily supplement for 1 month of 200 mg magnesium plus 50 mg vitamin B6 for the relief of anxiety-relate premenstrual symptoms: a randomized, double-blind, crossover study. J. Womens Health Gend Based Med. 2000; 9, 2: 131-139.
- Esnaashari S, Javadzadeh Y, Batchelor HK, Conway BR. The use of microviscometry to study polymer dissolution from solid dispersion drug delivery systems. Int. J. Pharm. 2005; 292,1-2, 227-230.
- Fujii M, Terai H, Mori T, Sawada Y., Matsumoto M. The solid dispersion of benzodiazepins with phosphatidylcholine. The effect of substituents of benzodiazepins on the formation of solid dispersion. Chem. Pharm. Bull. 1988a; 36: 2186-2191.[Crossref]
- Fujii M, Harada K, Yamanobe K, Matsumoto M. Dissolution and bioavailability of phenytoin in solid dispersion with phosphatidylcholine. Chem Pharm Bull. 1988b; 36: 4908-4913.[Crossref][PubMed]
- Fujii M, Harada K, Matsumoto M. Physicochemical properties of phenobarbital solid dispersion phosphatidylcholine. Chem. Pharm. Bull. 1990; 2237-2241.
- Fujii M., Hasegawa J, Kitajima H., Matsumoto M. The solid dispersion of benzodiazepins with phosphatidylcholine. Effect of substituents of benzodiazepins on the formation of solid dispersions. Chem. Pharm. Bull. 1991; 39 11: 3013-3017.
- Garekani HA, Sadeghi F, Ghazi A. Increasing the aqueous solubility of acetaminophen in the presence of polyvinylpirrolidone and investigation of mechanisms involved. Drug. Dev. Ind. Pharm. 2003; 29: 137-139.
- Hansch C., Maloney P. P., Fujita T., Muir R. M. The correlation of biological activity of phenoxyacetic acids with Hammet substituent constants and partition coeficients. Nature. London 1962; 178, 194.
- Kayene LH, Lee D. B. N. Intestinal magnesium absorption. Miner. Electrol. Metab. 1993; 19, 210-217.
- Kozielec T, Chlubek D, Kotkowiak L, Michoń P, Noceń I. Blood magnesium in patients with dislipidemia and effect of oral magnesium supplementation (Slow-Mag B6). J. Elementol 2004; 9,4: 609-615.
- Lieberman H, Lachman L, Schwartz J. Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms Tablets. Marcell Dekker New York, 1989.
- Marcoin W, Ryszka F. Selected magnesium compounds of expected pharmacological activity. Ann. Acad. Med. Siles. 1991; 23: 45-53.
- Marcoin W, Szulc B. Influence of aminoacid anions on the absorption process of Mg2+ ions in vitro. Sci. Pharm. 2002; 70: 29-37.
- Nogowska M, Jelinska A, Muszalska I, Stanisz B. Biological functions of macro and microelements. Pharm Pol. 2000; 21: 995-1003.
- Prabhu S, Brocks D.R, Betageri G. V. Enhancement on dissolution of ethopropazine using solid dispersions prepared with phospholipid and/or polyethylene glycol. Drug. Dev. Ind. Pharm. 2001; 27: 413-418.[PubMed][Crossref]
- Rove R, Shesky P, Weller P. Handbook of Pharmaceutical Exscipients Pharm. Press AphA London, 2003.
- Sudha R, Vippagunta, Karin A. Maul, Siva Tallavajhala, David J W. Grant. Solid-state characterization of nifedipine solid dispersions. Int. J. Pharm. 2002; 236: 111-123.
- Scibor D, Czeczot H. Arginine-physiologic and therapeutic functions. Pharm Pol. 2005; 61, 1: 22-29.
- Torre P., Torrado S. Santiago T. Preparation dissolution and characterization of praziquantel solid dispersion. Chem. Pharm. Bull. (Tokyo), 47: 1629-1633.
- Trapani G, Cutrignelli A, Latrofa A, Franco M, Serra M, Pisu Mg, Biggio G, Liso G. Valproic acid-hydrophilic cyclodextrin complexes and valproic acid-solid dispersions: evaluation of their potential pharmaceutical use. Ind. Pharm. 2004; 30, 1, 53-64.[Crossref]
Publication order reference