Fibre tracking: probabilistic approach and preliminary results
Languages of publication
The aim of this work is to have a preliminary experience with probabilistic tractography. We performed fibres reconstruction for three tracts of interest with data obtained from two MR imaging units equipped with different gradients system. An acquisition protocol optimization has been necessary in order to obtain a good trade-off between image quality and data collection time. Possible solutions to acquisition and processing problems are discussed. Future developments and possible applications in neurosurgery are also suggested.
1 - 1 - 2009
22 - 9 - 2010
- Behrens TEJ, Johansen-Berg H, Jbabdi S, Rushworth MFS, Woolrich MW. Probabilistic diffusion tractography with multiple fibre orientations: What can we gain? NeuroImage. 2007; 34: 144-55.[WoS][PubMed]
- Behrens TEJ, Woolrich MW, Jenkinson M, Johansen-Berg H, Nunes RG, Clare S, Matthews PM, Brady JM, Smith SM. Characterization and Propagation of Uncertainty in Diffusion-Weighted MR Imaging. Magn Res Med. 2008; 50: 1077-1088.
- Jenkinson M, Smith SM. A global Optimization Method for Robuste Affine Registration of Brain Images. Medical Image Analysis. 2001; 5(2): 143-156.[Crossref]
- Lazar M, Weinstein DM, Tsuruda JS, Hasan KM, Arfanakis K, Meyerand ME, Badle B, Rowley HA, Haughton V, Field A, Alexander AL. White Matter Tractography Using Tensor Deflection. Human Brain Mapping. 2003; 18: 306-321.[PubMed]
- Minati L, Weglarz W. Physical foundations, models and methods of diffusion MRI of the brain: a review. Conc In Magn Reson Part A. 2007; 30A(5): 278-307.
- Mori S, Crain B, Chacko VP, Van Zijl PCM. Three Dimensional Tracking of Axonal Projections in the Brain by Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Ann Neurol. 1999; 45: 265-269.[PubMed]
- Smith SM, Jenkinson M, Woolrich MW, Beckmann CF, Behrens TEJ, Johansen-Berg H, Bannister PR, De Luca M, Drobnjak I, Flitney DE, Niazy R, Saunders J, Vickers J, Zhang Y, De Stefano N, Brady JM, Matthews PM. Advances in functional and structural MR image analysis and implementation as FSL. NeuroImage 2004; 23(S1): 208-219. (www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/)
Publication order reference