The design of an insulin pump - preliminary requirements (a technical note)
Languages of publication
The material presented in this paper is an attempt to lay down requirements for the planned design of an insulin pump. An insulin pump is a device for continuous dosage of insulin at a selected rate, which facilitates treatment and improves the lives of diabetic patients. This paper is a compilation of medical requirements and user suggestions of presently offered insulin pumps.It seems important to establish proper requirements for a device before starting developing any design for an insulin pump.
1 - 1 - 2009
22 - 9 - 2010
- Accu-Chek Polska
- Cukrzyca i pompa insulinowa
- Diabetes Mall - Comparison of Current Pumps
- Insulin pump
- Krzysztof Lewenstein, Maciej Grabowski, Maciej Chojnacki: A family of computer controlled infusion pumps - technology transfer from university to the small industry. Eng Mechanics. 2005; 12(3): 179-185.
- Krzysztof Lewenstein, Maciej Chojnacki: Cooperation of the university and the small firm - a family of computer controlled infusion pumps. 4th Int. Conf. Inter-academia 2005, Wuppertal, sept. 2005, vol. 1, p. 49-56.
- Roche Diagnostics
- Smith Medical
- Taton J. [Cukrzyca wymagajaca wstrzykniec insuliny - Poradnik dla pacjentow]. 1st ed. Warszawa: Wydawnictwo Lekarskie PZWL; 1998. 424 p. Polish.
- The Diabetes Mall Forums
- Your Insulin Pump Proposals
Publication order reference