First Results of the Implementation of Telemedical Service in The Odessa Region
Languages of publication
Results on the implementation of technical system purposed for telemedical consultations in Odessa Region of Ukraine are presented. Such a system permitted to perform telemedical consultations in the form of videoconferences with parallel transmission of medical images, and ECG records. First (half year) experience of performing consultative activity was in favour of identification of urgent indications for surgery in some patients, and proved to be preventive with regard to some complications in patients with acute heart and vessel diseases as well as in patients with traumas. The main conclusion on high effectiveness of proposed telemedical technical configuration, and especially in terms of heightening standards of regional medical care was made.
1 - 1 - 2007
30 - 12 - 2008
- Godlevsky LS. Perspectives of informatics technologies with the emphasis on improving life quality of older people in Odessa region. 2nd International Congress for the Third and Fourth Age, Odessa 2004, p. 36.
- Godlevsky LS, Bayazitov NR, Smirnov IV, Adeyinka M, Igelnik SM. Informational technologies adopted to medical hospitals work: perspectives for Odessa Region. Odessa Medical Journal [in Ukrainian] 2005; 4: 9-12.
- Godlevsky LS, Kalinchuk SV, Smirnov IV, Bayazitov NR, Tyapkin GM. Telecardiology in Odessa Region: "Odessa-Mother" project. In: Biophysical Standards and Informational Technologies in Medicine. Proceed. of Internat. Conf., Odessa 2006 November, p. 22-27.
- Johnston B, Wheeler L. Outcomes of the Kaiser Permanent tele-home health research project. Archives of Family Medicine 2000; 19: 40-45.
- Kalinchuk SV, Godlevsky LS, Smirnov IV, Bayazitov NR, Dets W. Concept on telecardiology development in Odessa Region. Abstracts of Second Hellenic-Ukrainian Conference on Cardiology. 2006, Odessa, p. 20.
- Kalinchuk SV, Bayazitov NR, Tyapkin GM, Godlevsky LS. Telemedical cardiological project at Odessa Regional Hospital. Ibid., p. 21.
- Kazakov VN, Klymovytsky VG, Vladzimirsky AV. Telemedicine, Donetzk: Nord, 2002, p. 100.
- Malone FD, Athanassiou A, Craigo SD. Cost issues surrounding the use of computerized telemedicine for obstetric ultrasonography. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1998; 12: 120-124.
- Miyashita T, Takizawa M, Nakai K et al. Telemedicine of the heart: real-time telescreening of echocardiography using satellite telecommunication. Circ J 2003; 67: 562-564.
- Nakajima I, Natori M, Takizawa M, Kaihara S. Survey and analysis of satellite-based telemedicine projects involving Japan and developing nations: investigation of transmission rates, channel numbers, and node numbers. Medinfo 2001; 10: 844-848.
Publication order reference