An Application of Microemulsion Method for Synthesis of Copper-Zinc Materials
Languages of publication
Microemulsion method was used for preparation of copperzinc mixed oxides. Samples were prepared from the solutions containing zinc and copper nitrates. Sodium carbonate was used as a precipitant and hydrazine as reducing agent. Water-in-oil (W/O) microemulsions were formed by the application of cyclohexane, isopropyl alcohol, and hexadecyltrimethylammonium bromide (CTAB) as surfactant. The aim of the studies was determination of the influence of the sequence of synthesis stages on the formation of materials, their surface and structural properties. Thermal decomposition studies of materials were carried out by infrared spectroscopy. The physicochemical properties were characterized by nitrogen adsorption-desorption method, X-ray diffraction (XRD) and temperature-programmed reduction (TPR).
17 - 10 - 2014
- 1. M. Boutonnet, S. Lögdberg and E.E. Svensson, Current Opinion in Colloid & Interface Science, 13, 270, (2008).
- 2. A. Bumajdad, J. Eastoe, M. I. Zaki, R. K. Heenan and L. Pasupulety, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 312, 68, (2007).
- 3. A. Moezzi, A. M. McDonagh and M. B. Cortie, Chem. Eng. J., 185–186, 1, (2012).
- 4. H. Lu, X. Yu, Z. Zeng, D. Chen, K. Bao, L. Zhang, H. Wang, H. Xu and R. Zhang, Ceramics International, 37, 287, (2011).
- 5. N. L. Tarwal, K. V. Gurav, S. H. Mujawar, S. B. Sadale, K. W. Nam, W. R. Bae, A. V. Moholkar, J. H. Kim, P. S. Patil and J. H. Jang, Ceramics International, 40, 7669, (2014).
- 6. C. Wang, D. Chen and T. Huang, Colloids and Surfaces A:Physicochem. Eng. Aspects, 189, 145, (2001).
- 7. I. Capek, Emulsion Science and Technology, WILEY-VCH, Weinheim 2009.
- 8. G. Xiong, L. Luo, C. Li and X. Yang, Energy & Fuels, 23, 1342, (2009).
- 9. S. Hingorani, V. Pillai, P. Kumar, M. S. Multani and D. O. Shah, Mat. Res. Bull., 28, 1303, (1993).
- 10. G. Fierro, M. L. Jacono, M. Inversi, P. Porta, F. Cioci and R. Lavecchia, Applied Catalysis: General, 137, 327, (1996).
- 11. S. H. Taylor, G. J. Hutchings, A. A. Mirzaei, Catalysis Today, 84, 113. (2003).
- 12. W. Tong, A. West, K. Cheung, K. Yu and S. C. E. Tsang, ACS Catal., 3, 1231, (2013).
- 13. P. Pfeifer, K. Schubert and G. Emig, Applied Catalysis A: General, 286, 175, (2003).
- 14. J. Agrell, M. Boutonnet, I. Melián-Cabrera and J. L. G. Fierro, Applied Catalysis A: General, 253, 201, (2003).
Publication order reference